The Office Assistant for Modern Climate is responsible for serving guests and clients by greeting, welcoming and directing them appropriately, which includes notifying company personnel of their arrival; and also providing support to company teams by assisting in the accomplishment of day-to-day office tasks, events and assigned client projects. Position requires at least 20 hours a week.
- Welcome clients and guests by greeting and offering a beverage; answering or referring inquiries.
- Answer telephones in a courteous, polite manner, forwarding messages promptly.
- Maintain employee and department directories.
- Assist in maintaining company calendars.
- Sign for and promptly inform recipient of the delivery of incoming packages.
- Sort and deliver mail every day.
- Prepare and arrange pick-up of packages via FedEx, USPS or courier.
- Monitor the inventory of general office and kitchen supplies. Ensure items are neatly placed and stored in appropriate areas.
- Order refreshments for internal and external meetings; set-up and tear-down.
- Assist with overall building appearance (waiting areas, kitchen, conference rooms, etc.).
- Perform miscellaneous clerical duties and errands to support company employees.
- Assist with company mailings, updating database lists as necessary.
- Assist with company and client events held on company facilities or off-site.
- Assist in facilitating positive company culture and conveying our culture to employees and clients.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, verbal and written.
- Proficiency with office/workforce computers and common software suites, including Google Apps/G-Suite, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Customer service orientation in a marketing services environment.
- Strong organizational skills centered on prioritizing tasks.