You will have the opportunity to work in an independent 17025 ISO-accredited laboratory that invests heavily in state of the art instrumentation and analytical technologies and works with a multitude of Medical Marijuana Treatment Centers (MMTC) to provide them with high quality analytical data.
Modern Canna Laboratories is seeking an organic analytical chemist with liquid chromatography (LC) experience. You would be joining our laboratory team in Lakeland FL that is responsible for analytical work in a fast paced, high throughput laboratory.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performing LC potency analysis in a commercial laboratory
- LC data evaluation
- Analyzing for cannabinoids such as THC and CBD
- Daily operation and maintenance of LC systems.
- Generation of quality system-compliant data
- Working with team members to execute analysis conforming to SOPs and to maintain good record keeping practices
- Identifying instrument problems and performing routine troubleshooting
- Participation in and promotion of continuous improvement efforts within the laboratory
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Chemistry or a related field
- 2 or more years experience in an analytical laboratory preferred
- Experience with the operation and maintenance of chromatographic instrumentation (LC, HPLC) preferred
- Experience working with a Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) preferred
- Experience working in an ISO 17025 environment preferred
YOUR TALENTS SHOULD INCLUDE:
- The ability to prioritize daily tasks and meet the demands of multiple priorities
- Self-motivation, accountability, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- The availability to work flexible schedules when required
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, and the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- The ability to handle client records and data according to strict privacy and confidentiality guidelines
- Focus and commitment to continuous quality, innovation, and learning to help drive future development and deliver greater value to our clients
- Extremely detail oriented and able to perform high volume, precise analytical work under pressure with calm confidence, speed and accuracy
- Superior organizational skills
Modern Canna Laboratories
Why Work Here?Modern Canna is the first lab in Florida to test medical cannabis, serving Florida MMTC's and licensed hemp CBD producers nationwide. Modern Canna has over five decades of experience managing industry-leading commercial testing labs and is one of the most reputable laboratories in the entire cannabis industry. This is an incredible opportunity for anyone interested in growth with a company.
Fast growing company, positive work environment, great opportunity!