The purpose of this position is to provide outstanding support to Model N customers by delivering timely and quality assistance utilizing strong customer service skills. The Technical Account Manager (TAM) role is key to helping Model N maintain and grow a loyal customer base. Working to ensure Model N customers are getting their issues satisfactorily addressed, TAMs also help ensure their customers are getting the expected value from their Model N software.
- Provide life sciences customers with support in product configuration, work-arounds, and defect analysis to help them extract the maximum value out of the software solutions
- Respond promptly to customer functional and technical problems and questions that come in through the Model N Customer Support Web site
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve software application issues with customers and partners
- Break down technical problems into specific action items for internal teams (cloud infrastructure team, product development, database administrators, access managers) and work with business users to resolve technical challenges.
- Document solutions to issues to be included in the internal and customer knowledge
- Accurately identify, replicate, and document software defects and customer requested product enhancements in the appropriate tracking system - and escalate as appropriate
- Act as a liaison between customer and internal departments to recognize and communicate customer business risks as they relate to our solution
- Participate in cross-functional teams to continually learn and improve our solutions
- Share in rotating on-call duties for off-hours support
- Travel occasionally to customer sites or other Model N locations as needed
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL.
- Ability to multi-task and work under dynamic conditions and constraints with minimal supervision
- B.S. degree in a technical discipline
- At least 3 years of experience supporting enterprise applications
- Previous experience in the life sciences industry preferred
Model N - About Us:
Model N (MODN: NYSE) manages over $500B of revenue for the world's most demanding growth companies. In the wake of digital disruption, there is a growing revenue execution crisis making it harder than ever for these companies to know and grow their True Top Line. It is a strategic imperative for life sciences and high tech companies to have a system of record designed to maximize revenue, avoid revenue leakage, and ensure compliance. Model N is that trusted system of record, with a comprehensive Revenue Execution suite ready for these industries.
Model N is a pioneer and a leading provider of revenue management cloud solutions for the life science, technology, and manufacturing industries. Our solutions enable our customers to maximize revenue and reduce revenue compliance risk by transforming their revenue lifecycle from a series of tactical, disjointed operations into a strategic end-to-end process. Our customers use our application suites to manage mission-critical functions, such as pricing, contracting, incentives and rebates. Our solutions serve as the system of record for our customers' revenue management processes and provide a competitive advantage for them. Our application suites are built on a modern, cloud platform that is delivered as SaaS. Model N markets a family of Revenue Cloud application suites designed to meet the unique, strategic needs of these industries. Our Revenue Clouds are then further configured to meet the specific needs of our customers. Our Revenue Clouds serves as the system of record for, and automates the execution of, revenue processes such as quoting, pricing, contracting and incentive and rebate management. In addition, our Revenue Clouds provide analytical insights to define and optimize revenue strategies. Each of these Revenue Clouds consists of several applications, which can be purchased together or as separate standalone applications. Model N augments our Revenue Clouds with implementation, managed, strategic, and customer support services. Model N customers include Pfizer, J&J, Sanofi, BMS, Gilead, Abbott, Abbvie, Shire, Stryker, Intel, ST Micro, NXP, Broadcom, Qualcomm, and Philips.
Model N's 800 employees are located in our HQ in San Mateo, California and in offices in Denver, Chicago, Princeton, NJ, Waltham, MA, Portland ME, Geneva, Hyderabad, and Ahmedabad. Our company culture is deeply committed to our core DARE (Dream, Align, Respect, Excel) values and we put people first as our strongest, most valuable asset. We work hard to foster an environment where employees feel a strong sense of teamwork, alignment to common goals and, most importantly, respect and appreciation for their contributions to the company's success.