Senior Software Engineer
Modea Blacksburg, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
Modea is seeking a talented, motivated Senior Software Engineer with at least 5 years of experience to join our growing team. As a Software Engineer, you will be focused on using the latest software stacks and cloud technologies to design, implement, test, and continuously deliver new features and products.
What does a Senior Software Engineer do at Modea?
We are digital consultants first, and our software engineers assume this same mentality in all aspects of their work. We tackle client projects as cross-functional teams made up of software engineers, UX designers, project managers, strategists, and analysts. These teams work very closely with each other and the client to architect and build awesome, consumer-grade experiences.
We're currently looking for someone passionate about solving problems with technology and ready to take their game to the next level by building great software. The right person for this role understands what it takes to build and deliver high-quality software and has a strong understanding of software engineering principles.
Here are a few specific things we’d be looking for you to do:
- Mobile Application Developer - Not only do we build great web applications, but we also deliver mobile apps for our clients to run on multiple mobile platforms. Mobile app development does not constitute a large majority of our projects, but our engineers have plenty of experience in this realm.
- Software Engineering Best Practices - We pride ourselves on delivering quality software solutions, and we rely on following good software engineering best practices. We are looking for someone who will champion this in every aspect of the development and delivery of our work. Be prepared to share what all this encompasses for you and how to build software the right way.
Here is a list of skills and qualities that are critical to this role:
- Have 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
- Be a great listener and communicator (oral and written)
- Be naturally curious and love problem solving
- Have a consultant mentality in your approach to solving problems.
- Client facing experience is preferred.
- Be pleasant to work with and a team player
- Be passionate about software development and ready to share your favorite blogs, authors, development communities, latest technology, etc.
- Have a mentality of continuous improvement in all that you do individually and as a team member
Additionally, here is a list of skills and qualities we’d like you to have:
- Understand mobile-first and responsive web design
- Have experience building mobile apps
- Have development experience with content management systems
- Have experience leading other people (coaching, mentoring, interviewing, etc.)
- Be active in various software development communities
Who is Modea?
We are a technology consultancy with a mission to infuse greater control, transparency, and choice into the consumer healthcare experience. To do this, we work with large healthcare providers to help them build out a digital roadmap, then design and build mobile, web, and other digital experiences. We fundamentally believe that this work helps consumers have better information and access to care, and our clients to build stronger customer relationships.
Here are a few ways to get to know our work in healthcare:
- Check out the Vanderbilt Children’s Hospital website. Our team built the entire experience on a cutting-edge, headless CMS implementation.
- Download the Ballad Health mobile app. We designed this app using the Ionic UI kit and built it on a cross-platform framework for both iOS and Android.
- Search for a doctor at the Carilion Clinic website. We helped them transform their site experience and digital tools like search and find-a-doc.
- Flip through this conference presentation deck about some data science work we did with Children’s National.
Our business and team have consistently grown over the last four years and COVID-19 has dramatically increased the demand for our services. Currently, our office is working remotely and plans to continue until later in 2021, but ultimately, this position would be located at our headquarters in Blacksburg, VA, or in our new location in Nashville, TN.
Here are a few other reasons why you should apply:
First, you’ll love the work we do and the people you’ll get to do it with. We’ve assembled an exceptionally smart and hardworking team and you’ll enjoy the work associations and general camaraderie with other “Modeans”. We also work with great clients who value us and our contributions.
Second, Modea offers a great benefits package that provides both a fun and enjoyable workplace and great perks that will improve your quality of life:
- Paid time off
- Modern, open plan office
- Fully stocked kitchen
- Team lunches
- Regular employee events (parties, community service, etc.)
- Discounted gym membership
- Paid downtown parking
- Generous health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with fully vested company matching
- Long term & short term disability
Some of these benefits, like parties and snacks, have had to adapt to the remote work environment we are currently in, but our operations team has found innovative ways to support our team, from regular care packages to a work-from-home stipend. We take care of our team.
The working environment here at Modea is one of accountability and autonomy. We are working to solve big problems. So we expect a lot, but give team members the tools, freedom, and flexibility to come up with great solutions. Together, our team is developing world-class technology that will change the way healthcare is delivered.
If you’ve read to this point you should probably apply. Not ready? Shoot us a note at email@example.com with any questions.
You must be legally authorized to work in the United States for this position.
Modea participates in the E-Verify program.
Modea is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Modea is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Powered by JazzHR
TechnologyView all jobs at Modea