- Posted: over a month ago
Modea is seeking a passionate Data Analyst to join our Analytics team. Data Analysts at Modea work very closely with our cross-functional teams and the client to help. They help our teams and clients make data-driven decisions in our goal of designing and building awesome, consumer-grade web, and mobile experiences. This is a full-time position.
What does an Analyst do at Modea?
We tackle interesting projects on cross-functional teams made up of software engineers, analysts (that’s you!), designers, project managers, and strategists. These team members work very closely with each other and the client to help them make data-driven decisions and design and build awesome, consumer-grade web and mobile experiences. We comb through all available data and establish ourselves as the expert on a project team to help clients make informed decisions.
We’re currently looking for a sharp analyst to 1) execute interesting client projects and 2) help us grow our data science practice at Modea. The right person for this role is naturally curious, has a familiarity with digital analytics (user journey, conversion funnels, etc) and is trained in statistical analysis methods.
Here are a few specific things we’d be looking for you to do:
- Work with Google Analytics and the Google Digital Suite: This is our primary dataset for 'clickstream' data. We do not need you to be an expert in Google Analytics, but familiarity with the tool is a big plus. We use these tools to get meaningful insights to inform our work and our clients’ strategy and success.
- Be comfortable with open-source data tools: We increasingly access data through a wide range of tools - every client is a little bit different. We use R, Python and SQL to create pipelines and build replicable analysis products and reporting for our clients.
- Wrangle the data: Our work may occasionally involve some data science and modeling work, but to be clear: we are first and foremost looking for analysts who can access, wrangle, clean and manipulate data first.
- Be a great communicator: We ask our analysts to present their findings and results to clients and to internal teams frequently and through a range of methods (oral, visual, written). Communicating the work you’ve done - and why it matters to a non-technical audience - is a critical part of the analyst job. That includes both client-facing and internal-facing communications.
Where is this position located?
You are able to work at any location in Virginia, Tennessee, or North Carolina. We offer modern offices located in Nashville, TN and Blacksburg, VA. This allows you to choose a fully-office, fully-remote, or hybrid work experience. You may occasionally need to travel to our offices or other locations for items such as the occasional training or client visits. We will also provide you with tools to do your job at home as well as in the office.
What are we looking for?
Here is a list of skills and qualities that are critical to this role:
- Have a college degree or a similar degree of life experience
- Be familiar with basic statistical analysis techniques and when to apply them
- Be familiar with digital analytics and common tools used in the space (Google Suite, Adobe Analytics, etc.)
- Have working experience with common data analysis code languages (R, Python, SQL)
- Deep understanding of data manipulation and wrangling techniques as well as common data structures
- Firm grasp of best data visualization practices and experience building and maintaining dashboards
- Be a great listener and communicator (including written and verbal communication)
- Be naturally curious and love problem-solving
- Be able to think commercially and translate business goals into your work product
- Be pleasant to work with and a team player
If you believe you can be successful in this role but don't meet all the qualifications, please apply! Share with us the unique value you can add to this role.
Additionally, here is a list of skills and qualities that are a plus:
- Familiarity with Digital Marketing and SEO basics
- Completed some or all of the Google Analytics Academy courses
Who is Modea?
We are a technology consultancy with a mission to infuse greater control, transparency, and choice into the consumer healthcare experience. To do this, we work with large healthcare providers to help them build out a digital roadmap, then design and build mobile, web, and other digital experiences. We fundamentally believe that this work helps consumers have better information and access to care, and our clients to build stronger customer relationships.
Here are a few ways to get to know our work:
- Check out the Vanderbilt Find a Doctor tool. Our analytics team helped guide the process for what to do.
- Read our Analytics guide and see some of our approaches to digital analytics and the Google suite.
- Find a location at Manatee Healthcare using this mobile app. We designed and built the feature set and user experience, and managed the measurement on the application.
- Search for a doctor at the Carilion Clinic website. We helped them transform their site experience and digital tools like search and find-a-doc.
Here are a few other reasons why you should apply:
First, you’ll love the work we do and the people you’ll get to do it with. We’ve assembled an exceptionally smart and hardworking team and you’ll enjoy the work associations and general camaraderie with other “Modeans.” We also work with great clients who value us and our contributions.
Second, Modea offers a great benefits package that provides both a fun and enjoyable workplace and great perks that will improve your quality of life:
- Generous paid time off
- Generous health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k with fully vested company matching
- Long term & short term disability
Some of these benefits, like parties and team lunches, have had to adapt to the remote work environment we are currently in, but our operations team has found innovative ways to support our employees. We take care of our team.
The working environment here at Modea is one of accountability and autonomy. We are working to solve big problems. So we expect a lot, but give team members the tools, freedom, and flexibility to come up with great solutions. Together, our team is developing world-class technology that will change the way healthcare is delivered.
Currently, Modea is operating in a flexible working environment that best meets the needs of our team and work responsibilities. Our team has the ability to work either from home or in the office. Our office provides an indoor space with moderate temperatures and noise levels. This position can be located either at the Blacksburg, VA office or Nashville, TN office.
Must be able to remain in a stationary position during the duration of the workday. Individual must have the ability to constantly operate a computer. Must have the ability to converse with and exchange information to clients and coworkers both in person and through a computer. Capable of occasionally transporting items of 10 lbs or less to and from the office.
We aspire to be a highly inclusive employer - providing fair and appropriate opportunities to as many people from different backgrounds as possible, being welcoming and meeting their needs as best we can. We are committed to keeping great people representative of a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because we believe it makes Modea stronger.
If you’ve read to this point you should probably apply. Not ready? Shoot us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
You must be legally authorized to work in the United States for this position.
Modea participates in the E-Verify program.
Modea is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Modea is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Powered by JazzHR
TechnologyView all jobs at Modea