Part Time Banquet/Prep Cook at Moccasin Creek Country Club
Moccasin Creek Country Club Aberdeen, SD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Moccasin Creek Country Club in Aberdeen, is simply great food and outstanding cocktails.
When you join the team at Moccasin Creek- you not only join a dynamite property, you become a part of something bigger as we impact lives through hospitality. Our vision is to be a club with a soul, and we are at the beginning of a major and exciting full renovation. We consistently craft exceptional experiences that forge a bond with guests, enrich our community, and empower our people. Apply today!
Prepare food items in accordance with production requirements and quality standards while maintaining a safe sanitary work environment. This is a part-time position which could lead to full time.
- Complete opening or closing checklists.
- Refer to Daily Prep List at the start of each shift for assigned duties.
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Understands and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, walls grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen, unless in a day schedule.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Promptly reports equipment and food quality problems to chef on duty
- Inform chef on duty immediately of product shortages.
- Prepares various banquet foods as directed by the Banquet or Executive Chef. Do not rely on the memory of yourself or other employees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the executive chef or executive sous chef.
- Return all food items not used on next shift to designed storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
- Date all food containers and rotate as per the BOH General Operating Procedures and Inventory SOPs, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
- Answer, report and follow executive or sous chef’s instructions
- Clean up station and take care of leftover food
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Report any safety issues to the chef on duty
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
High school education or equivalent experience.
Minimum one-year food service or related work.
- Requires an ability to work as a team member and an ability to communicate with kitchen staff.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying: All of these functions are essential primarily because of the heavy production associated with Banquets. Items include food, small equipment -75% of the time.
- Bending of the knees does become necessary when using the lower oven for cooking, 5-10 times a day.
- Mobility -full range of mobility and the ability to travel 30-50 feet on a regular basis throughout the day.
- Continuous standing -during preparation, during service hours or during expediting, usually all day.
- Must have moderate hearing to hear equipment timers and communicate with other staff.
- Must have excellent vision to see that product is prepared appropriately.
- Must have moderate comprehension and literacy to read use records and all special requests.
- Lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying. Position regularly involves lifting food cases and metros weighing up to 70 lbs. Pushing and pulling carts is required.
- Bending/kneeling: Regular bending to lift items and supplies. Periodic kneeling.
- Mobility: Regularly moves all around kitchen.
- Continuous standing: To complete a task, may be stationary for short periods of time.
- Periodic climbing required.
Inside 100% of the shift. Going in the freezer temperatures can be -10 degrees. On the front line, temperatures can be over 100 degrees.
Moccasin Creek Country Club
FoodView all jobs at Moccasin Creek Country Club