MobyDish is a catering marketplace that allows anyone to order family-style food from top-rated local restaurants for any group size in less than 5 minutes.
Our mission is to connect people and make them happy thanks to delicious and seamless food experiences. We're a team of foodie, obsessed with customer experience and care for our users and each other.
But our passion for people doesn't mean we don't understand technology. We're looking for more automation and efficiency in everything we're doing and building our technology accordingly.
As of today, we're still the only catering marketplace in the US to control the entire customer experience, from ordering to delivering using our proprietary technology with enormous opportunities to scale.
We have so many more ideas to disrupt the food space and we're looking forward to have you join our journey. The account manager will be the one to build relationships with our recurring customer, represent our value and make Moby shine throughout all interactions on a daily basis.
- Catering account management is very different from typical tech company account management. This role requires dedication to preparing and delivering hundreds of menus per month to both existing and new clients. Meal planning has to be done in an organized and disciplined fashion.
- Job is about 80% account management and 20% sales. Sales is generally growing existing accounts. Account mgrs. spend about 20% of the month on the road meeting with clients.
- New account mgrs. without menu planning or catering experience will spend the 1st several weeks/months learning the MobyDish platform and menu planning.
- Cultivate relationships and manage new and recurring clients — you'll do anything it takes to keep them happy and up-sell their business.
- Create menu examples using MobyDish platform for our customers and helping them place new and recurring orders.
- Delight our customers, answer their questions, surprise them, get to know them, and show them how much we care in different, creative ways.
- Come up with creative (and automated) processes to consistently take care of them in an efficient manner.
- Help manage and automate the sales cycle, from prospecting companies and leads to demoing MobyDish and closing clients.
- Work with the executive team to develop new account strategies.
- Help us improve our product based on customer feedback and provide customer support.
- Help the company grow no matter what!
- 2 or more years of sales, account management, or client success experience, preferably in a B2B environment. However, qualified applicants with client-facing experience from hospitality, catering, or similar backgrounds are encouraged to apply!
- Experience doing things that took you out of your comfort zone!
- Able to learn quickly and use the latest technologies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Goal-oriented and metrics-driven.
- Proactive and creative person — you come up with solutions that nobody else can.
- You're fun to be around with and see things positively!
- You have a strong attention detail and are very organized, with an entrepreneurial mindset
- You care about people, food and want to add something to the company and culture
- Restaurant or food experience or interest a plus.