Position Title/Role: Production Head of Department
Reports to: CEO
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Production HOD is responsible for the leadership and guidance of the Mobis U.S. Alabama (MUA) Production department. Note: Incumbent will work at the Mobis Alabama Plant in Montgomery, AL until the new Mobis U.S. Alabama plant in McCalla, AL is ready for occupancy.
- Plan short and long term objectives for manufacturing to ensure the objectives are properly administered; hold the Production department members accountable for meeting their objectives
- Prepare and plan operational annual budgets for the Production department
- Ensure compliance with IATF 16949 objectives
- Prepare and administer capacity and labor planning for all working groups in the Production department
- Coordinate Continuous Improvement teams to achieve department goals in Productivity Improvement
- Coordinate continuous Quality Improvements and Safety goals
- Coordinate corrective action planning to ensure the effectiveness of root cause analysis and proper implementation
- Direct department managers, ensuring company objectives are attained
- Prepare and administer cost reduction efforts
- Oversee and provide counseling on appropriate progressive discipline per company policy.
- Ensure compliance with all health, safety, and environmental goals meeting OSHA standards
- Ensure departmental compliance to all company policies, procedures, plant rules, and safety rules
- Initiate reporting systems to monitor departmental performance
- Minimize and control overtime for all assigned employees
- Maintain personnel headcount according to business plan
- Plan and conduct Continuous Improvement training of Supervisors and Technical personnel
- Write annual (MBO) goals and objectives, develop action plans to ensure timely results, and hold Team Members accountable for accomplishing their MBO objectives
- Comply with and promote safety in the workplace, to include attendance at safety meetings, as well as conduct safety meetings when necessary
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: Yes, will supervise Managers, Supervisors, Specialists, Engineers, Team Leaders and Team Members.
Required Education and Experience:
- BS degree in Business or related field of study
- At least 10 years of related experience in a complex and diversified high volume manufacturing environment within the automotive industry, and 10 years of experience in a supervisory or management role in an industrial environment
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills in problem resolution and conflict resolution.
- Must be an effective communicator with the ability to motivate subordinates
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment
- Computer skills that include Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of IATF 16949:2016, International Standard for Quality Management
- Organizational skills
- Excellent Leadership Skills
Preferred Education & Experience:
- Automotive assembly knowledge and experience is an asset
- Company start up experience
Working Conditions: Office setting, some walking within and between buildings. Note: Incumbent will work at the Mobis Alabama Plant in Montgomery, AL until the new Mobis U.S. Alabama plant in McCalla, AL is ready for occupancy.
Hyundai MOBIS forms the parts and service arm for South Korean automakers Hyundai Motor Company, Genesis Motors, and Kia Motors. The company offers chassis, cockpit, and front-end modules; safety products, including airbags, headlights, anti-lock brake systems, and electronic stability control products; steering parts; multimedia systems; UVO systems; injection-molded plastic parts, such as instrument panels, carriers, and bumpers; and steel wheel rims and decks. It also supplies after-sales service parts for vehicles. Concentrating its resources on after-sales parts, module parts manufacture, and parts export, Hyundai MOBIS has firmly established its position as one of the leading auto parts specialist companies in the world.
Hyundai MOBIS’s Module Division, of which MOBIS Alabama, LLC is part, has supplied the three major modules, chassis module, cockpit module, and front-end module, to automakers in the just-in-sequence (JIS) system. Participating in the initial stages of a new vehicle development process, Hyundai MOBIS performs research and development of auto-parts, taking into account the specifications for modules, including designing and testing for production applications. Through system integration of modularization, Hyundai MOBIS is contributing to increased competitiveness and in-sequence processing, reducing total weight and the number of parts needed. This allows for easier assembly, effective inventory control, and cost reduction.
Who is MOBIS Alabama?
Established in 2002 and operating on nearly 83 acres in Montgomery, Alabama, MOBIS Alabama, LLC is the largest Tier 1 supplier to both Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama (HMMA) and KIA Motor Manufacturing Georgia (KMMG). With a commitment to quality, we pride ourselves on providing state-of-the-art Modules, Assemblies, and genuine Hyundai and KIA after-service parts. We hold both the ISO14001 and IATF16949 Certifications for Environmental Management and Quality Management.
Our process begins in the sprawling 600,000 square-foot Plastics plant where we use injection molding to produce front and rear bumpers, instrument panel frames, and after-service parts. Our bumpers are molded and painted in-house. Bumpers for HMMA are also assembled in-house before transfer to HMMA for final assembly, while bumpers for KMMG are sent to our sister plant in Georgia for assembly. After molding, instrument panel frames move to the Module plant next door where we prepare them to receive additional parts to form a complete Cockpit (dashboard) assembly. Also in the Module building are our front and rear Chassis (vehicle suspension) assembly lines. Here, parts from Tier 2 and 3 suppliers are assembled into completed Chassis modules which are transported to nearby HMMA for final vehicle assembly.
Our Redistribution Center (RDC) supplies genuine Hyundai and KIA after-service parts to dealerships, auto parts stores, and other parts distribution centers. We receive parts from suppliers globally which are distributed across North America to satisfy our customers’ demand for high-quality automotive parts.
MOBIS Alabama offers career opportunities in:
Logistics/Supply Chain Management/Warehousing
Environmental, Health, & Safety
Accounting & Finance
We also offer competitive wages and benefits including:
Paid Vacation & Personal Time Off
14 Paid Holidays
401(k) with Company Match
Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
Vision: MOBIS Alabama has embraced Hyundai MOBIS’s vision to be a lifetime partner in automobiles and beyond and to achieve Global Top 5 status by 2020.
Mission: MOBIS Alabama’s mission is to set global standards of excellence for Safety, Quality, and on time Delivery at the lowest Cost with the highest Team Member Morale that will exceed customer expectations.
Core Values: MOBIS Alabama has embraced the Core Values of the Hyundai Motor Group. We diligently seek to pursue the following five (5) Core Values to ensure the success of the Hyundai Motor Group:
Customer- We promote a customer driven corporate culture by providing the best quality and impeccable service with all values centered on our customers.
Challenge- We refuse to be complacent, embrace every opportunity for greater challenge, and are confident in achieving our goals with unwavering passion and ingenious thinking.
Collaboration- We create synergy through a sense of “togetherness” that is fostered by mutual communication and cooperation within the company and with our business partners.
People- We believe the future of our organization lies in the hearts and capabilities of individual members, and will help them develop their potential by creating a corporate culture that respects talent.
Globality- We respect the diversity of cultures and customs, aspire to be the world’s best at what we do, and strive to become a respected global corporate citizen.
If you would like to join us in our mission as a top global automotive part supplier, check out our current openings and be part of something amazing.