The Senior Biologist/Project Manager position is full-time, with great base salary and benefits. Bargas offers opportunities for advancement and a positive, supportive work environment. Bargas provides environmental solutions for a developing world and strives to provide the highest quality analysis and project management in support of sustainable planning and energy solutions. Our Biological Resources Program is growing – come join us!
What we’re looking for in the Senior Biologist/Project Manager...
We are seeking an energetic and experienced Senior Biologist/Project Manager to join our team. We are seeking candidates with substantial biological, regulatory permitting, and project management expertise, with experience throughout California. Our array of project work and clients include utilities, land development, transportation, and other infrastructure projects.
The Senior Biologist/Project Manager position will involve management of clients, major projects, and staff on a project and/or supervisory basis. We seek candidates who have significant experience managing projects and working with clients to provide environmentally sound solutions to their challenges. The successful candidate will demonstrate substantial experience in managing biological and natural resource studies, including special-status species surveys, conducting and overseeing field work and data collection efforts, performing aquatic resources delineations, working with regulatory agencies, and preparing permit applications and documentation (e.g., biological assessments, survey reports, agency-formatted reports) in compliance with state and federal Endangered Species Acts and other laws or jurisdictions. The preferred candidate will also demonstrate technical expertise in botanical, wetland, or wildlife sciences, and hold permits or certifications for conducting technical fieldwork.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Ecology, Environmental Science, Natural Resource Management, or a related life sciences field required
- 8+ years of experience managing biological/environmental projects, including surveys, fieldwork, habitat assessments, wetland delineations, and/or monitoring of environmental compliance for construction projects; experience in California preferred
- Evidence of successful management of projects, including maintaining budgets and schedules and producing high-quality client deliverables
- Leadership skills and the ability to work as a team member
- Strong technical writing and oral communication skills
- Ability to interact with clients and represent the firm in a highly productive capacity
- Strong interest in developing business with both existing and new clients
- Strong data collection and quality control capabilities
- Ability to travel to remote project locations; walk and conduct fieldwork for long hours, sometimes in inclement weather, rugged terrain, often at high altitudes, and sometimes on multi-day assignments; and ability to carry equipment and supplies weighing up to 40 pounds is required
- Demonstrated experience in preparing technical documents
- Prior experience with GIS software (ArcPad, ArcGIS Online, Collector) and ability to use technology for data collection
- Demonstrated botanical surveys, wildlife surveys, and/or or wetland delineation experience is a plus
- Federal Recovery and CDFW Scientific Collecting Permit(s) for one or more special-status species is a plus
- Must have a clean driving record and pass a background check