Access Control Technician
Mobile Loaves & Fishes Austin, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Scope & Purpose
The Property Management Technical Administrator is an integral part of the Property Management department, supporting in the maintenance of all technical equipment, coordinating with vendors, and strategically planning for equipment needs as it relates to Property Management, growth, and related technical processes at Community First! Village.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position reporting to the Director of Property Management. Some nights and weekends may be required. The Property Management Technical Administrator will office at Community First! Village located at 9301 Hog Eye Road, Austin, TX 78724.
To apply please visit: https://mlf.org/property-management-technical-administrator/
Please attach a cover letter and resume to the application. Due to the high volume of applications, only those selected for further discussion will be contacted.
Duties & Responsibilities
● Operate and maintain all cameras (TOTUS, RING and VideoInsight) at Community First! Village and work closely with vendor
● Operate and maintain limited access gates on all phases, issue credentials (Biometric, RFID, Clickers, Vendor Codes) to appropriate staff, neighbors, missionals, vendors and contractors
● Collaborate with other MLF departments on events and other related gate needs, and coordinating with the current vendor
● Operate and maintain HandiTrac biometric key system, issuing credentials to appropriate staff, and updating the database
● Operate and maintain all programmable and/or biometric door locks, issuing credentials to staff, vendors, and contractors
● Review and input all electric meter readings on a monthly basis
● Process video review request for cameras at Community First! Village
● Administer, oversee, and support the upgrade/installation process and procedures for technical programs
● Coordinate with property management team and current vendors on replacing equipment when necessary
● Troubleshoot and take corrective action for problems involving technical systems
● Other Duties & Responsibilities as needed
Knowledge Skills & Abilities
· Commitment to serving those who have experienced homelessness and personal alignment with MLF’s vision, mission, core values, and goals
· The successful candidate will be passionate and knowledgeable about the nonprofit/social sector and MLF’s vision, mission, core values and goals
- Education or work history in the IT&S or computer science field is highly preferred
- License or work history as a camera or access control equipment technician
- Advanced Computer and technology skills and knowledge is required
- Must have knowledge on various tools and equipment related to computers
- Certifications, work history, or education related to electronics/technology is a plus
- Certifications or work history to operate lifting equipment
- Mechanical acumen
- Must possess problem-solving skills and ability to multi-task
- Must be able to work in outdoor weather conditions
- Must be able to frequently move around all phases of Community First! Village
- Must have strong interpersonal skills: telephone skills, communication skills, active listening, and customer-care
We empower communities into a lifestyle of service with the homeless.
We provide food and clothing, cultivate community, and promote dignity to our homeless brothers and sisters in need.
The vision is supported by core values centered on our belief that homelessness is the result of a profound, catastrophic loss of family:
● God, infinitely perfect and blessed in himself, in a plan of sheer goodness freely created man to make him share in his own blessed life
● By virtue of being created by God in His image, we are all called to live in community and relationship with Him through each other
● The family is the original cell of social life
● You shall love your neighbor as yourself
● All members of the human family are equal in dignity
● The Lord God took the man and settled him in the Garden of Eden to cultivate and care for it. Gen 2:15
● Transform the way people view the stereotype of those who find themselves homeless
● To reconnect the homeless to self, family and community
● Help the chronically homeless rediscover and utilize their God-given talents to do purposeful work
● To connect human to human, heart to heart through the fellowship of food and hospitality
● Inspire people into a lifestyle of abundance by giving their best first
These Guiding Principles are the basis upon which MLF team members make decisions, plan strategies, and interact with each other and our community. The principles define the kind of leaders we are striving to be.
Yes, and…Positive Attitude
● Looks for the positive in any situation
● Begins with yes, and looks for positive possibilities from a proposed idea
● Has a generally positive attitude
Semper Gumby (flexible/adaptable)
● Adapts to big & small change well
● Can formulate alternative plans when things change
● Is teachable (learns from others) and willing to change
● Develops numerous strong relationships with staff, neighbors & volunteers
● Shows humility in his/her servant leadership
● Looks for the good in others. Assumes the best in other’s intentions
● Treats others with love & respect, including when talking about them to others
● Works to proactively resolve conflict with others, goes directly to the person
● Puts MLF above himself/herself and his or her program
● Depends on others to help with solutions
● Brings strengths of the team together
● Keeps others informed of things going on in their program
● Communicates effectively to staff, neighbors & volunteers
● Resolves conflict well & in a timely manner
● Delegates effectively to staff, contractors & volunteers
● Invests in developing staff, contractors & volunteers
● Empowers staff, contractors & volunteers so that their talents & ideas are unleashed
● Stewards MLF physical resources (money, land, equipment, etc.) well
● Stewards MLF human resources well (staff, volunteers, donors, neighbors, & board)
● Takes care of oneself physically, mentally, emotionally & spiritually
● Sets reasonable deadlines & meets them consistently
● Keeps others informed if they will not meet a deadline
● Comes on time & prepared for meetings
MLF is a faith-based organization with its ideals and philosophy coming directly from the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
MLF is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Personnel are chosen based on ability without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation in accordance with federal and state law.
It is important for all applicants to understand that Mobile Loaves & Fishes is an essential business that provides food, shelter, and other necessities of life for our neighbors who have experienced homelessness. We strive to joyfully maintain these essential services to those that are most in need in our community. All employees of Mobile Loaves & Fishes are expected to work onsite to maintain the essential functions of the organization. All applicants should be aware of our essential business classification before applying for open positions.
Mobile Loaves & Fishes
9301 Hog Eye Rd.Austin, TX
Real EstateView all jobs at Mobile Loaves & Fishes