The Hyperbaric Maintenance Technician is responsible for operating and maintaining a Hyperbaric Oxygen Center’s mechanical and utility systems including the medical gas and center equipment. This role checks operations of all installed machinery and safety equipment, as well as inspect areas of center to ensure personnel and patient protection (fire, safety, and security) and recommends corrective actions. The Maintenance Technician makes emergency repairs of equipment or apparatus as required; installs inspects, maintains and repairs mechanical and fixed equipment as directed, as well as carries out preventive maintenance programs. Applies applicable codes and regulations to maintain a safe environment. May assist in defining specifications for replacements, upgrades, and renovations. May make recommendations for improved service and reliability.
- Complying with all Mobile Hyperbaric Centers’ (MHC) standards and policies with a focus on safety, licensure requirements, attendance, and training
- Install new or replacement machinery, equipment, and fixtures following applicable building and safety codes
- Maintains and repairs various equipment used in the center.
- Perform installations, maintenance, and repairs in accordance with recognized and accepted standards and practices.
- Assist staff with trouble-shooting repairs as well as installation of facility equipment. Checks compressor, med gas, control panel and chamber operation in various areas of the facility.
- Responsible for carrying out preventive maintenance and performing repairs
- Responsible for recording equipment condition & equipment malfunctions and providing a detail report to MHC supervisor
- Transport various supplies, parts, and building materials and delivers to appropriate locations as required.
- Monitors and inspects equipment for proper operations and report all deficiencies to the Supervisor.
- Lubricates and cleans all rotating equipment such as pumps, motors, and valves to ensure that they are maintained in good condition.
- Performs job duties in compliance with all local and federal government regulations (NFA99, OSHA, EPA, DOT, etc.) and all company policies and procedures.
- Inspect and test medical gas outlets/inlets, zone values, alarms and sources in medical facilities.
- Performs maintenance on vacuum pumps, medical air compressors and medical gas manifolds.
- Repair medical gas equipment using power & hand tools and any other necessary equipment.
- Installs medical gas piping and components of the medical gas distribution system.
- Performs other duties as assigned
The job duties listed above are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on MHC needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- 2+ yrs. of progressively responsible and directly related work experience
- Completion of an accredited HVAC Program
- EPA Universal Certification
- Medical Gas Maintenance Personnel Certification (ASSE 6040) is preferred
- Driver’s License
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization and in situations requiring instructing, conflict resolution and advising
- Ability to prepare clear comprehensive written and oral reports
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and sketches
- Ability to adapt to and deal with change and ambiguity
- Ability to operate tools, instruments, and equipment used on the job
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, work independently to meet deadlines
- Ability to problem solve and identify solutions
- Ability to work on equipment located at high elevations and perform moderate lifting
- Knowledge of local, state and federal regulatory requirements related to areas of functional responsibility
- Knowledge of computer systems and software uses in the functional area
- Knowledge of methods, tools, and equipment used in maintenance and repair with the ability to operate
- Basic knowledge of NFPA 99 and building codes
- Effective preventive maintenance skills and ability to troubleshoot field issues
- Ability to travel to various sites to perform job duties
Mobile Hyperbaric Centers (MHC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer who strongly values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity and non-discrimination in all of its policies and practices, including the area of employment. Accordingly, MHC does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation or gender identity and/or expression, religion, age, national or ethnic origin, political beliefs, marital status, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or disability, or the perception of any of the above. People of all genders, members of all racial and ethnic groups, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants with criminal convictions will be considered after an individualized assessment of the conviction and the job requirements.
Mobile Hyperbaric Centers LLC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled
Mobile Hyperbaric Centers
Why Work Here?Premier physicians' group headquartered in Cleveland, Ohio seeks EMT-licensed individuals to assist in the delivery of patient care in established outpatient Multi-place Hyperbaric Clinic in Knoxville, TN. We strive to set the bar in how best to heal patients with Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy. Our mission is to “Safely Heal Patients and Have Fun Doing It.”
Awesome CEOs, great benefits and the company is growing