Mobile Health is a B2B occupational healthcare organization that utilizes technology solutions and customer service to fuel its growth. Mobile Health owns and operates six facilities in New York City and is a leading provider of employee screening services, providing over 150,000 drug screens and related physical exams each year. We specialize in servicing the healthcare industry, and regularly market to home care agencies and medical staffing firms. Mobile Health clients also have access to a growing network of 60+ facilities in throughout the Northeast for employee screening services.
The Per Diem Medical Assistant performs clinical and administrative tasks as they relate to occupational and primary care services.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
• Answer the telephones in a courteous and professional manner and respond to telephone inquiries
• Monitor the waiting room and assist patients with check-ins or check-outs and answer questions
• Registration and data entry of patient information and history
• Collect blood and urine samples according to policy and procedures
• Take, and record, patient vital signs
• Prepare patients for medical tests and examinations
• Ensure the patient flow is moving in an efficient manner.
• Receive and convey messages in writing, verbally, and electronically
• Interact with patients and their families in a compassionate manner
• Interact with clinicians, other health professionals and staff in a courteous and professional manner
• Maintain the confidentiality of all Personal Health Information as dictated by HIPAA
• Participate in ongoing professional development activities
• Any other administrative duties as directed by Management
• Certification as a Medical Assistant
• 1-2 years’ experience as a Medical Assistant preferred
• Experience with the use of electronic medical records system
• Proficiency with computers
• Ability to relate well to patients and staff
• Superior communication and interpersonal skills
• Able to work independently and as part of a team
• Basic math and literacy skills
• Bilingual (English and Spanish preferred)
With over 33 years of success in healthcare and staffing, Mobile Health has expanded its footprint to include 2,000+ locations nationwide and serve over 200,000 patients annually.