Perm - Non-Clinical - Certified Coder (Days) Norman OK
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
Salary Range: NA/hour - NA/hour (based on education and experience)
The RI Coder at Norman Regional Health System, as a component of the Documentation Integrity Department, works to provide timely and compliant coding for all patient encounters. They strive to tell the story of the patient's experience through the use of accurate and specific code assignment allowing regulatory agencies and payers the ability to accurately determine the services provided.
The Documentation Integrity department is comprised of coding, clinical documentation improvement, and denials professionals who work together daily to ensure the most optimal and accurate picture is presented for the patients and communities they serve via the diagnosis and procedural coding, appropriate patient admission status and denial appeal processing, when necessary.RI Coder essential functions include, but are not limited to:
- Codes a limited amount of patient type records to create the hospital s case mix index database and health statistical indices.
- Audits, codes, and abstracts diagnostic and procedural information and assigns optimal diagnostic related group (MS-DRG or APC).
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) accrual
- Unique PTO-bridging opportunity for rehired healers
- Medical with three plan options including a High Deductible Health Plan, Dental, and Vision
- Retirement plan which includes 457 deferred compensation with match
- Employer-provided Life Insurance
- Optional expanded life insurance
- Optional catastrophic insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Option for Short-or-Long-term Disability
- Bereavement leave
- Free parking
- Nursing differentials
- Nurse extern program
- The ONLY ANCC accredited Nurse Residency program in the state of Oklahoma
- Tuition reimbursement up to NA,000 per year
- Education calendar
- Clinical ladder
- Simulation lab
- Shift differentials
- Foundation opportunities
- Gain sharing opportunity for system-wide successes
- Unit-based council opportunities
Requirement description : By submitting your applicant to this need you are acknowledging that you have checked and have no inclination that your candidate has applied directly to this position. Any candidate that has applied directly is not eligible to be be onboarded through an agency.
- Bachelors of Science or Associates in Applied Arts/Science or equivalent years of experience. - Required
- Minimum of one year of professional coding experience - Required
- Actively seek to obtain certification with American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) as a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) and/or Registration with American Association of Professional Coders (AAPC) as a Certified Professional Coder (CPC), Certified Outpatient Coder (COC), Certified Inpatient Coder (CIC) or other equivalent coding certification.
CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS :
Weekend Requirements : None
On Call Requirements : None
Mobile Health Team, Inc is a workforce solutions company. We match experienced healthcare professionals with temporary or permanent positions globally.
Our mission is clear, to bridge the staffing gap in the healthcare industry by creating and maintaining long-term working relationships with clients and healthcare professionals. We specialize in temporary and permanent placements in order to meet our client's needs.
Mobile Health Team IncNorman, OK
Get fresh Perm - Non-Clinical - Certified Coder (Days) Norman OK jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.