- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Mobile Communications America is seeking an experienced leader with Radio Frequency experience for a Service Manager position for our Myrtle Beach SC location. The successful candidate must have strong interpersonal skills, ability to manage a complex program environment and provide leadership to an extremely diverse team.
As part of the responsibility, the candidate must have the skills and willingness to personally perform equipment installations at customer sites, troubleshoot and repair equipment, and have a solid understanding of all component level repairs on radios and LMR equipment.
A preferred candidate will have a solid understanding of Radio infrastructure systems and video camera installations as well as a good understanding of computer networking and WiFi design and implementation. The selected candidate will provide leadership to the branch technical staff and liaise between sales and technical staff. The ideal candidate must be a positive and energetic leader who is experienced in training, managing and mentoring staff, as well as being fully capable of ensuring the efficiency of technical operations.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Direct all phases of technical and service programs from inception through completion.
- Full responsibility for managing and scheduling the team of technical and administrative staff and provide feedback and counsel when needed to improve their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develop and maintain customer relationships, while providing excellent customer service and building trust.
- Maximize current maintenance contracts and all other reoccurring revenue
- Producing quotes for service work, responding to RFP and RFQ's and estimating time and cost to complete work requested.
- Financial responsibility for the service department including creating budgets, cost containment, inventory control, monitor overtime expenditures, growth, and profitability.
- Run open ticket report at the end of each week as well as the invoice register with detail and review all outstanding activity and month-to-date performance.
- Conduct regular staff meetings to review weekly goals invoicing and service performance.
- Set and achieve goals, establish priorities, provide flexibility for customers, technicians, administration, invoicing, and problem resolution.
- Maintain cross training of individuals within the existing personnel for all administrative positions.
WHAT YOU WILL BRING TO THE TEAM:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience in technical / service management in the wireless industry, or similar experience.
- Leadership experience.
- •Proficiency in the installation, optimization, maintenance and repair of communications systems or similar high-tech equipment.
- Skill sets include leadership, customer service, professional experience in managing resources, organization and planning, computer, and good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude, perform under pressure, be highly motivated, adaptable, and dependable.
The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
While performing the duties of this job, ]the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear, utilize personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to potentially hazardous materials, lift (overhead, waist level) from floor, bending, frequently utilize near vision use for reading and computer use; be able to handle semi-frequent stressful conditions (cardiovascular), frequently work in outdoor weather conditions, frequently move equipment weighing up to 50 pounds, occasionally ascend / descend a ladder, operate a motor vehicle, frequently position self to maintain computers or other equipment as needed.
WHO WE ARE:
Mobile Communications America, Inc. (MCA) is Motorola Solution’s largest provider offering a portfolio of world class voice, data and video products and solutions to more than 65,000 customers across the United States. MCA provides extensive wireless communication solutions for a safe, secure, and more efficient workplace in industries such as public safety, commercial, education, healthcare, utilities, and government.
With over 1,000 employees and 75 service locations across 12 states, our team of certified professionals deliver a full suite of reliable technologies including two-way radios, video, vehicle upfit, security/access control, BDA/DAS, and other wireless communication solutions. MCA’s advantage is our “service first DNA” culture of going above and beyond to service our customers while being a trusted advisor to support the solution lifecycle from start to finish.
WHAT WE BELIEVE:
When you join our team, you join the MCA family! We are better together through the MCA Way: living our core values of Service First, Growth, Teamwork, and Safety. We take our work and our customers seriously and believe that our best work can also be fun. A component of our business that embodies the MCA advantage is our “Service First DNA” culture. Service isn’t just a motto for MCA, it’s an integral part of who we are and goes beyond our customers to our employees, partners, shareholder, and communities.
Must have the ability to travel as needed. (Less than 25%) Some overnight travel may be expected.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, and physical demands required of personnel so classified.
Mobile Communications America, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.
Mobile Communications America Inc
AddressMyrtle Beach, SC
BusinessView all jobs at Mobile Communications America Inc