Mobile Communications America, Inc. (MCA) is one of the largest and most trusted Motorola partners offering wireless communication solutions that enhance the safety, security, and efficiency of workplaces across the nation. Our customers trust us to provide a portfolio of turn-key systems, products and services —including two-way radio, vehicle uplift, video and access control, BDA/DAS, remote monitoring, GPS tracking, SCADA, dispatch, mass notification, and point-to-point wireless communications. Our more than 18,000 customers span industries such as public safety, commercial, education, healthcare, utilities, and government.
A component of our business that embodies the MCA advantage is our “service first DNA” culture. Service is not just a motto for MCA, it is an integral part of who we are and goes beyond our customers to our employees, partners, shareholder, and communities. With more than 800 employees and almost 70 locations throughout 10 states, we are here when you need us the most.
MCA is building a team of people who share our core values of service first, collaboration, trust, and engagement. We take our work and our customers seriously and believe that our best work can also be fun. When you join our team, you join the MCA family!
Mobile Communications America is seeking an experienced leader with RF experience for a Service Manager position in our Charlotte, NC location. The service manager is responsible for the overall operations of the service department, including daily scheduling and workflow. The ideal candidate must be a positive and energetic leader who is experienced in training, managing and mentoring staff, as well as being fully capable of ensuring the efficiency of technical operations. The candidate must also be able to identify new business opportunities, while ensuring the profitability of current activities.
- Full responsibility for managing and scheduling the team of technical and administrative staff, and providing each with feedback and counsel when needed to improve their efficiency and effectiveness
- Develop and maintain customer relationships, while providing excellent customer service and building trust
- Maximize current maintenance contracts and all other reoccurring revenue
- Producing quotes for service work, responding to RFP and RFQ's and estimating time and cost to complete work requested.
- Financial responsibility for the service department including creating budgets, cost containment, inventory control, monitor overtime expenditures, growth, and profitability.
- Facility cleanliness and maintenance.
- Review of all manpower issues on a constant schedule and act accordingly.
- Run open ticket report at the end of each week as well as the invoice register with detail and review all outstanding activity and month-to-date performance.
- Conduct regular staff meetings to review weekly goals invoicing and service performance.
- Set and achieve goals, establish priorities, provide flexibility for customers, technicians, administration, invoicing, and problem resolution.
- Maintain cross training of individuals within the existing personnel for all administrative positions.
- Aggressively seek out new business opportunities.
- Conduct monthly service safety and informative meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience
- 5 or more years of experience in two-way land/mobile radio and/or wireless technology
- Proficiency in the installation, optimization, maintenance and repair of communications systems or similar high-tech equipment.
- Skill sets include leadership, customer service, professional experience in managing resources, organization and planning, computer, and good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude, perform under pressure, be highly motivated, adaptable, and dependable.
- Must take and satisfactorily pass ETA/CET Service Managers test.
The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; talk or hear, utilize personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to potentially hazardous materials, lift (overhead, waist level) from floor, bending, frequently utilize near vision use for reading and computer use; be able to handle semi-frequent stressful conditions (cardiovascular), frequently work in outdoor weather conditions, frequently move equipment weighing up to 50 pounds, occasionally ascend / descend a ladder, operate a motor vehicle, frequently position self to maintain computers or other equipment as needed.
Must have the ability to travel as needed. (Less than 25%) Some overnight travel may be expected.
NOTE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, and physical demands required of personnel so classified.
Mobile Communications America, Inc. offers competitive compensation as well as comprehensive benefits to include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Paid Time Off (PTO), Holiday Pay and much more.
Mobile Communications America, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.