General Manager Retail
Moapa Band of Paiutes North Las Vegas, NV
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Moapa Band of Paiutes
is now hiring for the Moapa Paiute Travel Plaza (MPTP)
Pay Depends on Experience
Covid 19 VACCINATION IS REQUIRED prior to application.
Position open until filled
The General Manager is responsible for the leadership, management vision, and overall success of the Moapa Paiute Travel Plaza (MPTP). The General Manager is responsible to ensure the facility has the proper controls, reporting, and people in place to effectively and efficiently grow the business to ensure profitability and a positive customer experience.
1. Oversees the day-to-day activities of the Moapa Paiute Travel Plaza.
2. Manages all departments, Managers, Supervisors and is responsible for all personnel issues-including selection, termination, performance appraisal and professional development of subordinates, and staff at the Moapa Paiute Travel Plaza.
3. Delivers exceptional customer service at all times.
4. Ensures a clean and safe work environment for employees and customers.
5. Ensures the timely and accurate delivery of invoices, check requests, weekly, and monthly reports.
6. Directs and coordinates all business activities, including pricing, sales, and distribution of products.
7. Ensures the Moapa Paiute Travel Plaza’s profitability, performance, and achieving sales goals.
8. Reviews financial statements, sales and activity reports and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement.
9. Identifies areas of business needing cost reduction and program improvement.
10. Implement improvements and cost containment to assure profitability and success of the business.
11. Directs and coordinates financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize and increase efficiency while minimizing operating expenses.
12. Oversees the locating, selecting, and procurement of merchandise for resale.
13. Negotiates pricing and purchases of product.
14. Ensures all programs and procedures are followed to ensure the safety of the staff and customers.
15. Plans and directs media marketing and sales promotions.
16. Manage staff, oversee work schedules, and assigning specific duties as necessary.
17. Determines staffing requirements, hire and train new employees, and oversee new hire orientation.
18. Motivates and leads a high performance team; attracts, recruits and retains required members of the team capable of meeting or exceeding the performance expectations.
19. Coaching, developing, evaluating and training staff to ensure performance measures and location standards are met or exceeded.
20. Provides mentoring as a cornerstone to the management career development program.
21. Promotes a success-oriented, accountable environment.
22. Monitors staff performance and conducts performance appraisals. Provide feedback for improved performance, and implements employee corrective actions as needed.
23. Assessing and monitoring business performance to determine positive or negative trends and makes business recommendations and decisions to Executive Management.
24. Responsible for store inventory, point-of-sales accurate recordkeeping, and sound money management practices.
25. Ensure accurate inventories are done on a regular, scheduled basis.
26. Works to develop and maintain productive business relations with vendors, suppliers, and all business partners.
27. Oversight of the Tribal Store.
28. Ensures compliance with OSHA requirements and all federal, state, tribal and local laws and regulations.
29. Ensure compliance with all company policies.
30. Other duties as assigned or required.
· Associates or Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, Economics, Finance, Marketing OR 5 to 10 years of related work experience.
· Five years supervisory experience at a minimum level of Assistant Manager or equivalent in retail store sales or truck stop operations and/or management of business with sales volume of more than $15 million per year.
· Should have experience with safety, ordering, stocking, and sales of 1.4 consumer fireworks.
· Knowledge of business management, customer service, economics, accounting, budgeting, cost of goods, inventory, sales, marketing, point-of-sales, charge sales, monthly business reporting
· Proficient oral and written communication.
· Must possess computer skills with experience in business software such as Excel, Word, etc.
· Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with subordinates, peers and supervisor.
· Ability to frequently bend, stoop and reach in order to stock, service customers, etc.
· Must be able to use arms above head/shoulders area.
· Ability to stand/walk for up to eight hours a day.
· Ability to lift and carry merchandise, etc. (up to an approximate weight of 50 lbs.)
· Able to work in a fast paced environment
· Must possess a valid Driver License
· Must be insurable through tribe’s insurance.
· Must pass pre-employment alcohol/drug screening
· Must pass pre-employment background investigation
· Must be willing to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
· Must be Covid19 Vaccinated.
· MBA, college degree and/or equivalent experience.
· Previous management experience in a gas station/truck stop environment.
· Previous experience coordinating and supporting special events.
Indian Preference Per Section 703(i) of Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended
Moapa Band of Paiutes
AddressNorth Las Vegas, NV
RetailView all jobs at Moapa Band of Paiutes