Position Title: PAID business internship for a Researcher in a recruitment office
Focus majors: Business, English, Communications, Human Resources, and/or Marketing.
Hours: Hours are flexible within the hours of 8:00 – 4:30 p.m. Monday thru Friday. Approximately 15-25 hours per week during the school year. Candidates must be willing to work 25-40 hours during the summer.
As an intern/coop at MJ Recruiters you will have the opportunity to work with recruiters who specialize in manufacturing recruitment within the Ohio region. Your job will assist in recruitment, reference checking, job posting and some marketing tasks. You will assist in marketing to clients and candidates. You will see how a recruitment office operates on a daily basis. This is a good opportunity to develop skills in business, recruitment, marketing and communication. Daily you will review resumes and search for candidates within multiple databases.
- Data entry of client and candidate information
- Answering phones for a 4 line phone system
- Marketing development (administration, assembly and mailing of marketing products)
- Congratulatory letters for new hires
- Review candidate applications
- Database searches in MJ Recruiters’ database, LinkedIn, and Indeed
- Develop company sourcing list for job orders
- Administer Birthday mailings
- Send follow up emails to candidates with resumes on file
- Maintain website candidates
- Complete ad responses
- Research contact information for mailings/marketing
- Filing and paper trail management
- Preparing candidate submittals
- Documenting search activity within the office checklist
- Texting candidates about job openings
- Writing and sending postcards to candidates related to job openings
- Conduct phone and email references on potential candidates
- Outgoing, flexible and reliable
- Good phone demeanor
- Comfortable on the phone 10-20% of the day
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel required
- Project management and ability to meet deadlines
- Able to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Customer service oriented
- Able to be focused in a busy office environment
Why work at MJ Recruiters:
1. The opportunity to improve your phone skills
2. Flexible schedule during working hours of 8 - 4:30 pm.
3. Casual work environment, no business clothes needed
4. Additional employee perks
5. Free food!
This is an hourly paid internship/coop. You may or may not utilize it for school credit.