Mansfield, Ohio area
DEPENDING ON YEARS OF EXPERIENCE, salary up to $100K
Do you enjoy fast-paced manufacturing environments?
Do you have a strong background in PLCs and/or robotics?
Do you enjoy project management?
This position could be for you!
Successful, fast-paced automotive supplier has an opportunity for an Controls Engineer to join their engineering team. The company supplies to the automotive industry and is diverse in their customer base. The Controls Engineer will report to the Manager of Engineering and Maintenance. Daily duties will include:
- Partnering with production and process engineering to maximize equipment efficiencies and reduce scrap rates
- Completing cost analysis, justification, specification and procurement of capital projects
- Programming and troubleshooting PLCs and robotics
- Performing electrical troubleshooting to eliminate downtime
- Managing machine vision systems
- Partnering with team members to complete continuous improvement activities utilizing Six Sigma methodologies
- Assisting with HMI troubleshooting, upgrading and installation
- Completing documentation on project status
- Other duties as assigned by management
This position requires candidates to be on the manufacturing floor up to 50% of their time. Candidates should have strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills, be able to build rapport with the hourly workforce and have good work history. The average work week will spend 35% of the time on projects, 35% of the time working on process improvements and troubleshooting, 20% of the time on SCADA software and up to 10% of the time on administrative/reporting functions.
Benefits are very competitive, including profit sharing, medical (day one of employment), dental, 401K, life, LTD, paid holidays and vacation.
Requirements for the Controls Engineer:
1. A minimum of an Associate's degree in a technical field; a bachelor's degree is preferred
2. A minimum of five years in a similar controls engineering role
3. A strong background troubleshooting PLCs and/or robotics
4. A proven track record of process improvements, including improving up time, increasing throughput and/or reducing scrap
5. Microsoft Office
Skills that are preferred, BUT NOT required:
1. Automotive supplier experience
2. Strong project management and/or capital equipment projects
3. Vision systems
4. SCADA software
Why work for this organization:
1. Diverse automotive business mix
2. Facility is growing and adding hourly and salary staff
3. Opportunity for advancement
4. Competitive benefits, including profit sharing and 401K
5. Medical benefits available day one of employment
6. Upgrading technology in the plant
Candidates are preferred to be local to the Mansfield, Ohio area. Regional relocation will be offered for candidates meeting all requirements.
BSME, BSMET, BSEE, BSEET, manufacturing technologies, industrial technologies, electrical engineering technology, electrical engineer, mechanical engineering technology, mechanical engineering, process engineer, manufacturing engineer, industrial technologies, manufacturing technologies, project engineer, engineering staff, engineering internship, engineering coop, co-op, capital equipment project, process improvement, continuous improvement, cost reduction, scrap reduction, Six Sigma Green Belt, Certified Six Sigma, 6 Sigma, 6-Sigma, servos, vfd, power, industrial power, automation engineer, controls engineering