- Posted: May 24, 2022
Miva is a flexible adaptable eCommerce platform that increases revenue and operational efficiency for our merchants, effortlessly scaling as their business grows. We are seeking a Systems Administrator who will work within the SaaS Infrastructure team, as well as collaborate with other departments within the company, to deploy, maintain, and support a wide array of infrastructure equipment, services, applications, and operating systems.
The Systems Administrator will frequently interact with various distributions and releases of Linux, technologies used for virtualization & containerization, and applications common in web service environments, such as web servers (apache/nginx) and database systems (MySQL and derivatives). An ideal candidates has prior experience configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting Kubernetes and Docker services.
This role requires the candidate to reside in an East Coast time zone.
- A BS in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineer or similar degree.
- 2 years of experience in a Systems Administration role involving the Linux operating system Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, and related containerization software
- Strong familiarity with Linux is required, including command line proficiency, installing OS and software, configuring and managing services, reading and understanding various system log files for maintenance or troubleshooting purposes
- Ability to demonstrate self-sufficiency in installing, using, configuring, and troubleshooting functionality of common Linux software packages
- Familiarity with a scripting or programming language commonly used on Linux
- Basic understanding of IPv4 networking, including addressing and subnetting, how network services communicate on network ports, OS, and hardware firewalls
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and comfortable collaborating with various team members and departments
- Where permitted by applicable law, candidates must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by the date of hire.
Our awesome perks!
- Fully remote company based out of sunny San Diego, CA
- Unlimited PTO
- Maternity/Paternity leave
- 401k with company match; vested immediately
- Monthly virtual team events, like wine tasting and trivia
- Enthusiastic & inspiring co-workers
- Flexible work schedule & a great work-life balance!
Miva is a leading eCommerce software dedicated to empowering enterprise merchants and agencies with a state-of-the-art online storefront. To date, Miva software has powered over $100 billion in online sales for retailers worldwide.
Our success and the success of our clients are driven by high-performing teams of talented professionals. By creating a culture in which passion, ingenuity, and collaboration are rewarded, we have become the driving force for the advancement of independent commerce.
Miva has been named a San Diego Best and Brightest Company in 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021, and a National Best and Brightest Company in 2020! We have also been named a Top Workplace in San Diego in 2014, 2015, & 2016 and the Best Place to Work in San Diego in 2015, 2016, & 2017.
Miva, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Powered by JazzHR
TechnologyView all jobs at Miva