Senior Underwriter Excess & Surplus Property
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
MSIG North America is a wholly owned subsidiary of the MS & AD Insurance Group Holdings, Inc. – one of the top ten property-casualty insurance groups world-wide. Our Group has capital in excess of $25 Billion, operations in more than 40 countries and nearly 40,000 personnel located globally.
The Underwriter is responsible to underwrite profitable Excess & Surplus Lines Property business for accounts on a nationwide basis.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Underwrites Commercial Lines property risks within delegated underwriting authority. Applies appropriate pricing techniques according to company filings and state/bureau conformance.
- Monitors underwriting results and premium and lost trends within assigned book of business.
- Develops and executes formal written agency plans with all assigned agents in territory.
Establishes and executes effective and efficient producer and client visits (with appropriate business units – Loss Control, Claims and Marketing Representatives) in order to maintain and increase new business.
- Coordinates with inter-company departments as well as producers, insureds and Marketing Representatives to ensure appropriate high level account management standards are maintained.
Training and Development
Enhances technical expertise in the area of Commercial Lines property underwriting including assisting in Underwriting Manager in the training and development of Department staff.
- Responsible for helping develop and implement best practices in the areas of Account Management.
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma or GED is required. Bachelor’s degree is preferred
- 5+ years of Excess & Surplus underwriting experience required
- Familiarity with catastrophe modeling and management of aggregates preferred.
- CPCU or insurance-related courses helpful
The Company is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Mitsui Sumitomo Insurance Group
AddressLos Angeles, CA
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Excess & Surplus Lines Underwriter jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.