Technical Sales Associate, Sustainable Packaging
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
The Sales & Marketing Associate will work with outside sales and other members of the team in all facets of the sales process to maintain and grow existing customers, create new customers, and to meet or exceed sales quotas while continuously striving to improve profitability and contribute to create new project development especially on sustainable packaging business field. Areas of responsibility will encompass work on a cross functional level with sales, customer service and accounting, with involvement in product sales, inventory, logistics, project management, and credit. In addition to this sales responsibility, you will strive to learn the technical components of our products and new project value proposition to provide further value to our customers and project stake holders.
- Maintain existing customers while working to generate new and repeat sales
- Uncover new opportunities with customers by leveraging relationships and asking market related questions
- Determine customer requirements and expectations in order to recommend specific products and solutions
- Recommend alternative products based on cost, availability or specifications
- Quickly and accurately prepare and present price quotations for both new and existing customers while documenting this information for other team members
- Contact customers following sales to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and resolve any complaints
- Convey project potential capabilities to stake holders to support investment decision and business development
- Fill requests for catalogues, information or samples
- Prepare sales reports as needed
- Setup and maintain customer files
- Educate customers about terminology, features and benefits of products and/or grades of material in order to improve product related sales and customer satisfaction
- Work closely with team members and vendors to recommend solutions in order to resolve a customer’s technical/processing issues in a quick and effective manner
- Quickly/efficiently advise customers regarding physical properties of material and grade/material recommendation for a particular application/market
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Chemical Engineering, or a combination of training and experience that indicates the ability to do the job
- Competencies associated with a junior Sales and Marketing professional with excellent communication skills. A quick learning to understand the industry's customers in the US and worldwide, their specific requirements and needs as well as manufacturers' technical capabilities in production.
- A keen interest in the technology that would affect the direction of the industry, the subsequent business opportunities and circularity/de-carbonization on plastic and packaging business field.
- Passionate about working in the area of sustainability/circularity as it relates to packaging business
- Should possess the ability to adapt to a cross-cultural environment.
- Travel Requirement up to 50%
NOT REQUIRED BUT A PLUS:
- Any experience in the, flexible packaging business, recycling business, plastic waste related industry and/or an Engineering background
- Any knowledge of the following materials thermoplastic resin, Impact Modifiers, Stabilizers, Masterbatch, Process Aids or other polymer additives as it pertains to the, food packaging market is a huge plus
- Keen Interest in renewable/recyclable/recycled/compostable plastics,
Mitsui Plastics, Inc.
Mitsui Plastics, Inc. (“MPI”) is a leading global supplier of polymer materials, services, and solutions. MPI is a prominent distributor serving plastic and chemical industries worldwide as part of the international network created by Mitsui & Co., Ltd., one of the world’s most diversified comprehensive trading, investment, and service companies.
1300 Post Oak BoulevardHouston, TX