This position is responsible for supporting the Sales team of the assigned business department(s) with all aspects of the business cycle from processing orders to collection, while providing the utmost customer service and relationship management to current clients and customers.
- Business Cycle- Manage, optimize and coordinate full sales order cycle by:
- Setting up new accounts- customer, supplier, vendor, and warehouses.
- Applying for and maintaining credit lines within approved limits for the entire supply chain.
- Assist Sales in the quoting process for new and existing businesses.
- Processing customer sales order(s)
- Product purchasing, inventory planning and control
- Arranging logistics and transport for delivery (domestic, international import and export)
- Understand and adhere to Local, Federal, and company compliance rules and regulations related to Import and Exports.
- Processing Billing & Payments; management of accounts receivable and payable
- Trouble-shooting (tracking delays, lost shipments, expedited orders)
- Track/ follow up with collections from customers
- Customer Service/Relationship Management- Manage and enhance relationships with customers, suppliers, logistics and transport companies, and internal constituents (MPI colleagues, Mitsui Americas and Mitsui & Co. globally)
- Sales Support- Manage accounts to assist business department in reaching budgeted gross profit by:
- Servicing new and existing accounts
- Identifying sales opportunities where applicable
- Collect and report forecast data to appropriate parties.
- Managing credit (zero over credit mandate) and Accounts receivable, collection schedules, and collection tactics (minimize past-dues and inventory aging)
- Associates degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience, preferably in a sales support/customer service function ( Logistics, Supply Chain and/or Import/Export experience preferable)
- Customer orientated; excellent administrative, communication and presentation skills required
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Experience with all MS office application skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Basic knowledge of Accounting, Finance and Enterprise systems
- Strong mathematical skills, ability to convert unit of measure and currencies.