The Sales & Marketing Associate will work with outside sales and other members of the team in all facets of the sales process to maintain and grow existing customers, create new customers, and to meet or exceed sales quotas while continuously striving to improve profitability. Areas of responsibility will encompass work on a cross functional level with sales, customer service and accounting, with involvement in product sales, inventory, logistics, and credit. In addition to this sales responsibility, you will strive to learn the technical components of our products to provide further value to our customers.
- Determine customer requirements and expectations in order to recommend specific products and solutions
- To prepare and propose price quotations for both existing and new customers while ensure customers and products registration have been established.
- Contact customers to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and resolve customer’s complaints in a quick and effective manner.
- Establishes sales objectives by creating a sales plan and strategy in support of Business Groups’ objectives.
- Maintains and expands customer portfolio to outline business needs. Makes presentations to customers and/or suppliers. Extensive travel required to customers, suppliers and other related parties.
- Oversees all necessary documentation to ensure it meets standard compliance procedures, client specifications and logistical requirements.
- Monitors and reviews credit information and establishes customers’ and suppliers’ credit limits in conjunction with Sales Staff and the credit department. Regularly reviews customer and suppliers credit limits and makes recommendations to management.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Chemical Engineering with relevant experience in sales/marketing efforts
- Requires excellent and efficient communication and negotiation skills.
- A keen interest in market and product developments on the global Polyolefin & PVC industry.
- Knowledge of international trade and foreign currency exchange.
- Knowledge of government import and export regulations related to products.
- Knowledge of accounting and finance procedures.
- Full knowledge of Company Policies, Rules, Procedures and Manuals required.
- Spanish/Portuguese language skill is not essential, but a plus.