Sr. Risk Manager-Inventory Finance
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We will consider candidates located near our offices in Norwalk, CT or Flower Mound, TX or possibly remote for the right candidate.
The Sr. Risk Manager-Inventory Finance is responsible for playing an important role in the expansion and diversification of the Inventory Finance business. The ideal candidate should possess broad floorplan lending experience in a variety of asset classes and have demonstrated previous success creating processes and approaches in a fast paced, high growth environment. The candidate will work closely with Mitsubishi HC Capital America, Inc. (MHCA)’s business development and operations teams in both the U.S. and Canada to build a best-in-class North American inventory finance platform, ultimately capable of attracting and retaining vendor and dealer relationships.
Commitment to Internal Control:
The individual must understand, abide, and uphold the system of internal controls related to the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(List in order of time spent)
- Lead the processing of manufacturer and dealer credit requests in diverse industries, including, but not limited to transportation, construction, agriculture, and forestry, inclusive of periodic annual reviews and requests for increases. Collaborate with team members to broaden their understanding of unfamiliar asset classes.
- Assesses the credit worthiness and credit limits for new and existing dealer Floor Plan credit line requests. Prepares credit write-up with appropriate recommendation to VP Risk.
- Conduct workout activities and monitor dealer performance
- Spearhead the development of a sophisticated credit and documentation pipeline that helps differentiate MHCA in the market.
- Evaluate effectiveness and efficiency of existing processes, identify ways to make improvement. Lead and drive the development of short-and-long term strategic initiatives as well as the execution of those initiatives.
- Function as a Customer Experience Strategist, identifying friction points, or potential friction points, for customers and working collaboratively to eliminate them
- Work closely to build a team environment that focuses on cooperation, collaborative problem solving, and collective ownership of our business and customer responsibilities
- Understand and work within Mitsubishi HC Capital America’s credit policies, procedures, and guidelines. Work proactively with team members and senior leaders to recommend and pursue approval for policy modifications as warranted.
- On occasion, participate effectively in a business development capacity with Vendor based dealer solicitation campaigns, as required
- Ability to make sound, prudent decisions in a fast-paced environment and to multi-task and recalibrate as new responsibilities are added, or as specific assignments gain urgency
- Represent MHCA by always meeting the highest ethical and professional standards.
- Complete special projects, as assigned.
- Support Inventory Finance business development with crafting customized manufacturer documentation and agreements in line with negotiated program parameters
KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators):
- No Losses
- Customer Focus – underwriting turn time of XXX (measurement system needs to be established)
- Establish measurement system for # of deals processes by segment, turn-times, etc.
- Onboarding cycle time
Responsibility and Decision-Making Authority:
This position will have credit decision making approval according to the credit approval matrix, as approved by executive management.
Management/Supervisory Responsibilities: Credit department
- 5-10 Years in credit/operations in inventory finance
- Workout/liquidation experience in inventory finance
- Robust understanding of financial statements, the inventory finance underwriting process, and parameters
- Flexible and able to multitask; can work within an ambiguous, fast-moving environment while also driving toward clarity and solutions
- Thinking Skills – Analytical Ability
- Oral and Written Communication
- Ability to Manage Communications
- Interpersonal Relationships - Ability to work in a team
- Leadership Skills
- Strategic Thinking
- Ability to develop others
- Technical and Professional
- Technical and Professional skills
- Competency with Microsoft Office products
- Personal Qualities
- Need to achieve
- Management Skills - Ability to delegate
- Entrepreneurship - Negotiation skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Business Management or equivalent experience
- Inventory finance/floorplan lending experience, preferably inclusive of stints in credit, operations, and business development
- Demonstrated success building teams and developing processes in a highly dynamic environment
- Well-developed customer facing communication skills, including the ability to forge strategic relationships with manufacturers and the aptitude to effectively articulate credit decisions that don’t align with partner expectations
Licensing and Certification: None required
Tools and Equipment Used:
- Personal computer, copier, fax, phone, and other typical office equipment
- Hours may vary and will require some evening work; frequently requires working 40-45 hours/week depending on business needs
- Occasional travel to participate in visits with manufacturer partners, prospective customers or to attend industry events
- Digital dexterity and hand/eye coordination in operation of office equipment
- Light lifting and carrying of supplies, files, etc.
- Ability to speak to and hear customers and/or other employees via phone or in person
- Body motor skills sufficient to enable incumbent to move from one office location to another
The job description does not constitute an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Salary Range: ($107,700 to $144,200) per year, plus a discretionary Bonus
The salary range is determined and based on internal equity, market data/ranges, applicant's skills, prior relevant experience, and education.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Plans
- 401(k) and matching
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Company paid Life Insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Training and Development Opportunities
- Employee discounts
Mitsubishi HC Capital America Inc
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Mitsubishi HC Capital America Inc