- Act as the technical expert for assigned process areas, as a resource to production, maintenance, engineering, R&D, quality, sales and customers.
- Be the process owner, responsible for the technical performance of the department.
- Drive the optimization and troubleshooting of the production processes, including StableOps efforts.
- Troubleshoot processes, quality issues and customer returns.
- Lead capital projects that enhance the efficiency, productivity, and safety of the production department.
- Champion the development of the capital plan for assigned production areas, provide justification for recommended projects.
- Assist the R&D group in the development of new products, and conduct experiments for process improvement.
- Provide training and documentation (ISO documentation, etc.) on new processes as well as updates to current processes.
- Perform machine and process design for new and existing lines
- Responsible for project management (justification, design, implementation). Manage assigned capital projects, including qualification and selection of vendors and contractors, supervision of work, and approval of payments for invoices.
Knowledge / Skills / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, chemical or plastics engineering
- 3 to 5 of experience in plastics manufacturing, extrusion and compression molding is desired.
- Six Sigma knowledge and/or experience, demonstrated understanding of SPC, Design of Experiment and DMAIC process
- Excellent communication both written and verbal as well as experience making presentations
- Good interpersonal skills - Team Player
- Good mechanical aptitude including blueprint reading experience and basic understanding of industrial equipment.
- Organizational skills with an ability to manage multiple priorities
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel preferred.
- Proven decision-making skills to include problem identification, analysis and resolution.
- Proven leadership skills
- Process knowledge in the areas of polymeric extrusion or compression molding
Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation values diversity in the workplace, is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other legally recognized protected basis under applicable law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or other applicable laws. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition.
Mitsubishi Chemical America