LEGAL ASSISTANT - ROGERS
We are seeking an experienced full time Legal Assistant for our busy law firm. The ideal candidate will provide professional clerical and administrative support for his/her attorneys. The assistant may also perform a variety of routine tasks which do not require the expertise of the attorney(s). The assistant functions under the general supervision of the attorney(s) and Office Manager in Little Rock. Qualified candidates handle a high volume work load efficiently and accurately, and must be comfortable in a fast-paced working environment.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
• Performing a variety of clerical duties, and preparing legal documents.
• Maintaining the attorney/client appointments calendar.
• Transcribing, preparing, revising and producing final correspondence.
• Noting and calendaring deadlines.
• Verifying and/or keying the attorney(s) client billing time in Elite.
• Participating in initial client interview.
• Finding and locating documents for client files; obtaining photographs, documents and physical evidence from third parties.
• File organization including due diligence management and file maintenance; file management.
• Document preparation and word processing.
• Preparation of closing transcripts.
• Scheduling of transaction closings.
• Document formatting and editing.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Equivalent of high school education
• 2+ years of relevant, on-the-job legal experience
• Ability to adhere to policies such as confidentiality.
• Ability to be on time; impeccable attendance.
• Stable employment background.
• Attention to detail.
• Strong computer skills and ability to learn and effectively use computer legal software.
• Excellent typing, grammatical and proofreading skills.
• Required proficiency with Microsoft Word.
• Ability to proofread and edit documents.
• Must possess a high level of professionalism and interpersonal skills
• Must possess attention to detail, ability to balance multiple projects.
• Must have ability to reason and apply common-sense understanding to situations encountered.
• Ability to process routine functions while being able to resolve sensitive issues and complex assignments utilizing above average critical thinking skills.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Ability to work overtime as needed.
• Experience with loan closings helpful.
• Real estate experience helpful.
• Banking experience helpful.
• GREAT attitude!
Qualified interested parties may apply and upload their resumes on our website at https://www.mitchellwilliamslaw.com/Upload-Resume.