Market Development Director
- Expired: March 12, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Market Development Director develops critical elements of our "go to market" led by our strategic initiatives, competitive analysis, market trends and "Big Data" insights. The role will leverage market and customer input to drive sales effectiveness, new products, programs, and influence potential M&A. Develops market & data insight with the objective of understanding customer needs within sectors/segments that will deliver productivity, growth, and cost out for our customers that drives profitable growth for the Mitchell Lewis and Staver footprint.
- Lead investigation into market sizing, profitability, trending, competition, and customer attributes to develop strategic "go to market" plans with tactics to generate demand via new customers, SoW and retain existing customers
- Influence pricing strategies and implementation with a fact based, analytical approach considering competitive analysis, customer segmentation, market attractiveness and product positioning
- Actively participate in industry associations and engage with thought leaders to develop a keen understanding of served and future markets
- Regularly build tactical campaigns targeting the right customers & prospects at the right time, via the right channel enabled by the right offering to enable Marketing Communications success
- Create, execute, and manage strategic and seasonal campaigns and programs that maximize conversion and drive loyalty and advocacy
- Produce turnkey training programs around specific offerings and markets to enable our organization
- Work collaboratively with sales and operations resources to host, execute, and achieve desired ROI with all territory/block specific customer appreciation events
- Continually spend time observing and partnering with sales resources to understand "sales reality" that enables MLS to target the right prospects at the right time with the right offering
- Manage customer slices and ultimately segmentation strategy, the supporting programs, the reporting, and the evolution to drive profitable growth and be the partner of choice
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing or a form of Data Analytics
- 5+ years in marketing and or data insight to action leadership roles
- Demonstrated experience in developing short term promotions and customer loyalty programs
- Ability to create KPIs to visualize ROI of promotions, loyalty programs and marketing campaigns
- Proficiency in writing, editing, and proofreading skills with expert attention to detail
- Strong project management, financial and analytical skills
- Experience with MS Office and CRM solutions
- Problem-solving - ability to innovate and find solutions
- Detail oriented - strong eye for errors and inconsistencies
- Cross-functionality - ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Communication skills - ability to influence others internally and externally through presentations, in person meeting and through the use of print or electronic formats
- Technical aptitude -strong understanding of effective data structure and analysis
Education and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing or Data Analytics required
- Ability to remain at a stationary position 50% of the time
- Ability to move product weighing up to 50 pounds, including lifting, placing, pushing and pulling
- Must live within an agreed upon location/ geography to service customers and employees
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Retirement: 401(k) matching
- 7 Company Paid Holidays and 1 Float Holiday!
- PTO to support your work-life balance
- Health Savings Account (FSA)
- Dependent Care (FSA)
- Life & Disability Insurance - Basic Life, AD&D, Short- & Long-Term Disability and more!
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Mitchell Lewis & Staver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Mitchell Lewis & Staver and Mitchell Wine Group
Get fresh Director Market Development jobs daily straight to your inbox!