Mitchell International, Inc. is a leading provider of information and workflow solutions to the Property & Casualty Claims Industry and their supply chain partners. We solve interesting and complex problems that directly affect the customers our clients serve. We are constantly adapting to stay on the forefront of emerging technologies and we work diligently to maintain our position as a thought leader within our industry.
Mitchell is embarking on an exciting new chapter in the company’s history that focus on innovation, continued development of best in class SaaS solutions, and building a robust portfolio of software offerings. As a result, we are expecting some significant growth over the course of the next couple of years.
We are actively a Software Development Engineer 1 to help build the next generation of our Auto Physical Damage products, and help maintain the existing product line. We’re looking for passionate, energetic, proactive, full stack developers ready to innovate with the following technologies: React/AngularJS, C#/SpringBoot, ORM, webservices, and microservices.
This is a dynamic software engineering opportunity where you will be focused on developing, designing, and testing complex web based applications. Development will be enhancements, new features, and maintenance, but over the long term will focus on leading new platform development and moving the team toward leading edge technologies.
- Designs, analyzes, develops, codes, debugs, tests and documents programming to satisfy business requirements for large, complex projects.
- Work as part of a Scrum team to deliver technology solutions in an Agile fashion including but not limited to sprint planning, standup calls, and sprint retrospectives.
- Adheres to architecture standards, risk management and security policies.
- Deliver solutions on Java/.Net and RDBMS based technologies.
- Translate functional specifications into working software.
- Understand, define, and develop product requirements; providing development estimates as needed.
- Use scaled agile methods to deliver products to client requirements.
- Write technical specifications and test plans as necessary; conduct and assist in unit and integration testing.
- Participate regularly in SCRUM activities and learn from experienced developers.
- Collaborates and proactively participates in the improvement of our products and processes
- BS/BA Required.
- 0-3 years working within a .NET/Java environment.
- Knowledge of software design, development, testing, and deployment of software systems or applications.
- Strong working knowledge of Object-oriented design/programming, n-tier web applications, XML, relational databases.
- Strong advocate of a process-driven software development lifecycle.
- Possesses strong organizational skills.
- Excellent analysis, design, writing and communication skills required.
- Familiar with working in an agile environment. Learns to use professional concepts. Strong skills in C# and/or Java, SQL, TFS.
- Proficient grammar, sentence structure and written communication skills.
- Exposure to: Unit Testing,
- Database knowledge.
- Knowledge of Ajax, JQuery, JSON, AngularJS, XSLT, CSS, HTML5, and cross browser compatible development.
- Knowledge of developing REST web services
- Knowledge of SOA principles and practices