Mitchell International, Inc. is a leading provider of information and workflow solutions to the Property & Casualty Claims Industry and their supply chain partners. We solve interesting and complex problems that directly affect the customers our clients serve. We are constantly adapting to stay on the forefront of emerging technologies and we work diligently to maintain our position as a thought leader within our industry.
It's been more than 20 years since Mitchell delivered its first software solution for auto casualty insurers. And since then, we've combined our industry expertise with technology advancements to continuously transform our solutions into what they are today—the industry-leading products, services, and advanced analytics solutions that our clients depend on to simplify and optimize their auto casualty claims handling processes.
Mitchell is embarking on an exciting new chapter in the company’s history that focus on innovation, continued development of best in class SaaS solutions, and building a robust portfolio of software offerings. As a result, we are expecting some significant growth over the course of the next couple of years.
We are actively seeking multiple Software Engineers ranging from Senior to Principal to help build the next generation of our Auto Casuality Solutions products, and help maintain the existing product line. We are hoping to find solid backend or full stack C#/.Net engineers who have the desire to learn or have solid experience in SQL, web services, and SaaS. This job description provides a broad overview of the technologies and skills we are looking for as we have openings on multiple teams. We encourage you to apply as we will be reviewing resumes on a weekly basis.
This is a dynamic software engineering opportunity where you will be focused on developing, designing, and testing complex web based applications. Development will be enhancements, new features, and maintenance, but over the long term will focus on leading new platform development and moving the team toward leading edge technologies.
- Designs, analyzes, develops, codes, debugs, tests and documents programming to satisfy business requirements for large, complex projects.
- Work as part of a Scrum team to deliver technology solutions in an Agile fashion including but not limited to sprint planning, standup calls, and sprint retrospectives.
- Adheres to architecture standards, risk management and security policies.
- Deliver solutions on .Net and RDBMS based technologies.
- Translate functional specifications into working software.
- Assist in third level support of applications once delivered into Production.
- .Net engineers will focus on providing development for middle tier to back end utilizing various frameworks versions up to 4.5.
- Understand, define, and develop product requirements; providing development estimates as needed.
- Use test driven development and scaled agile methods to deliver products to client requirements.
- Write technical specifications and test plans as necessary; conduct and assist in unit and integration testing.
- Participate regularly in SCRUM activities and provide mentorship to junior members of the team.
- Conduct unit, load, performance, and integration testing.
- 5+ years working within a .NET environment.
- Design, development, testing, and deployment of software systems or applications.
- Strong working knowledge of Object-oriented design/programming, n-tier web applications, XML, ASP,ASP.Net and relational databases.
- Strong advocate of a process-driven software development lifecycle.
- Possesses strong organizational skills.
- Excellent analysis, design, writing and communication skills required.
- Experience with SOA principles and practices.
- Familiar with Microsoft technologies and working in an agile environment. Learns to use professional concepts. Strong skills in C# and .NET, SQL, TFS.
- Proficient grammar, sentence structure and written communication skills.
- Exposure to: Unit Testing, SQL Server.
- Database Experience.
- Familiar with automated testing tools like coded UI, Selenium.
- Experience with JSON, AngularJS, XSLT, CSS, HTML5, and cross browser compatible development.
- Experience developing web services (REST or SOAP) and XML.
- Experience with SOA principles and practices.
- Experience with Microsoft Entity Framework, WCF and MVC.
- SOLID Principles experience
Mitchell International, an equal opportunity employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people. Mitchell will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, age, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.