- Posted: 27 days ago
Mitchell Hamline School of Law is seeking to hire a full-time System Administrator. The incumbent in this position will be responsible for planning, managing, securing, and maintaining the College's IT systems, network and infrastructure operations, storage, and data backup; performs the full range of installation, monitoring, maintenance and modification of systems, including host and virtual servers, SANs, operating systems, cloud based services, control and data communication software and other systems utilities.
Mitchell Hamline School of Law is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. We are dedicated to building a diverse employee base that is committed to teaching and working in an environment focused on equity and inclusion. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring equity and inclusion is rooted into their day-to-day work. The incumbent must strive to promote equity through continuous learning and improvement, the positive development of our community, and the identification and removal of barriers.
To be eligible for this position, you must have obtained a Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, or related field; AND three (3) years of professional network and infrastructure management experience; OR an Associate degree and equivalent/combination of education, training and experience.
Previous experience with responsibility for designing, building, and maintaining the network infrastructure. consisting of hosts and virtual servers, cloud hosting, Active Directory Management, data security, data backup, and SAN management. Also, a minimum of 3 years of project management experience designing, implementing and maintain enterprise-wide infrastructure and applications.
- Interdependence of software and hardware operating in a multi-functioning, multi-user network environment.
- Principles, practices and techniques in the installation and maintenance of hardware and software in an integrated network environment.
- Operating servers, computers, and associated software.
- Installation and maintenance of network servers/hosts, operating systems, VMWare, SANs, and complex network software.
- Strong knowledge of systems and networking software, hardware, and networking protocols
- Experience with scripting and automation tools
- Experience with or knowledge of programming languages and operating systems; current equipment and technologies, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, system performance-monitoring tools, active directories, virtualization, HTTP traffic, content delivery, and caching
- Experience in project management and managing multiple projects concurrently.
- Experience in creating, analyzing, and repairing large-scale distributed systems
- Creating volumes, assigning to servers and remote replication
- Cloud computing, hosting, and technology (e.g., IAAS, PAAS, SAAS, AWS, Azure).
- Demonstrated ability to partner with end users to deliver strategic solutions.
- Business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Certification in Microsoft, VMWare, Cisco, or security certification like MCSA, CCNA, CISSP, CompTIA, (ISC)2 is preferred.
Occasional work outside of normal business hours might be anticipated, including evenings and weekends.
Monday, February 20, 2023
Open Until Filled
Desired Start Date:
Information Technology Services
Mitchell Hamline School of Law, 875 Summit Ave, Saint Paul, MN 55105
Monday - Friday; 8:00AM - 4:30PM (varies)
0% - 10%
$64,008 (commensurate with education and experience)
$89,612 (commensurate with education and experience)
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this position, please submit the following application documentation:
- Cover Letter, including salary requirements
Mitchell Hamline School of Law was formed in 2015 by the combination of William Mitchell College of Law and Hamline University School of Law. This extraordinary union brought together two law schools that have shaped Minnesota's legal landscape for more than a combined 155 years, creating the top law school in the Midwest for students seeking a rigorous, practical, and problem-solving approach to legal education. Mitchell Hamline School of Law provides a legal education grounded in legal theory and distinguished by exceptional practical legal training. A forward-thinking, independent law school with a history dating back more than 100 years, we have continually shaped legal education to be relevant to our students, their future clients, and the legal profession. We are committed to making legal education accessible and offer an unmatched number of enrollment options. Our students graduate prepared to put their degree into practice or use their legal training in the profession of their choice.
To learn more information about Mitchell Hamline School of Law, visit our website by clicking here.
At Mitchell Hamline School of Law, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion in all its forms, benefits the classroom, the institution, and the legal profession. Mitchell Hamline is a respectful community that embraces differences and an environment that encourages, supports, and welcomes diversity, equity, and inclusion. We embrace diversity. We recognize the importance of creating a culture that supports and welcomes all members who choose our school to work or learn. Each student (past, present, and future) and employee's unique cultural background, life experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints are considered and valued. Mitchell Hamline strives to provide an excellent educational and employment experience by practicing inclusivity as we work, educate, and learn with one another. Mitchell Hamline is committed to these efforts and believe in promoting a philosophy of anti-racism, cultural diversity, multicultural understanding, and cultural respect in our educational curriculum, in our organizational operations, and throughout the communities we impact. Accordingly, we encourage members of diverse and under-represented groups to apply. (AA/EEO)
To learn more information about the Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion, click here
Our benefits program is designed to provide you flexibility and security in selecting coverage that best meets your needs. The School offers high-quality benefits that provide you and your family the protection and assurance you need right now and for your future. We continually work to balance many competing considerations while staying true to the following benefit philosophies:
- Providing benefit options that recognize the diverse needs of our employee population;
- Maintaining competitiveness with benefits offered by other employers in the marketplace so that we can recruit and retain talent;
- Offering financial protection in planning for retirement;
- Sharing responsibility between the School and employees for the cost of medical, dental and retirement benefits.
All benefits are effective on the employee's first day of employment. The benefit program includes:
- Employer-paid basic life insurance, including optional voluntary life available
- Employer-paid short-term and long-term disability
- Healthcare coverage, including optional dental and vision
- 403(b) retirement
- Employer matching after one year of service
- Tuition assistance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Annual holiday and winter break package
For more information regarding the School's benefits package, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mitchell Hamline School of Law believes it is our duty as an employer to ensure that we are providing and maintaining a workplace that is free of any known hazards. It is important that we adopt actions that safeguard the health of our employees, students, visitors, and the community at large. We continue to monitor updates and review recommendations provided by the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH), Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and other applicable local, state, and federal partners aimed at the prevention and transmission of this virus.
As we move forward as a School community through this pandemic, we will continue to find the best course of action to navigate through our commitment to protect the health and well-being of our community, along with ensuring effective operational proficiency that provides the best services for our students, employees, and constituents.
To learn more about our COVID-19 response, please visit our COVID webpage.
Mitchell Hamline School of Law is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. Mitchell Hamline complies with all applicable laws regarding equal employment opportunity and affirmative action and does not unlawfully discriminate against any person based upon race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, veteran/military status, disability or handicap, age, sexual orientation, status with regard to public assistance, or any other protected class status defined by law.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Mitchell Hamline School of Law
AddressSaint Paul, MN
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?