Front Office Coordinator Cross Trained as Dental Assistant or Dental Assistant, depending on qualifications. *We will train a highly motivated and well qualified professional.
*This Position is in Mitchell, SD
*PLEASE READ ENTIRE JOB DESCRIPTION VERY CLOSELY BEFORE APPLYING*
Under direct and indirect supervision of both the Dentist and Office Manager, the Front Office Coordinator will answer inquiries and obtain information for general public, patients, visitors, and other interested parties. This role will provide information to callers and perform routine clerical and administrative functions such as answering phone calls, drafting correspondence to patients and insurance providers, respond to explanations of benefits, scheduling and confirming appointments, organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files, presenting treatment plans, screening patients for COVID-19 symptoms, track and balance credit transactions, and other basic financial support functions. It will also include learning chair-side dental assisting. In order to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this position, one must have the extensive knowledge of a dental assistant which includes but is not limited to: infection control protocol, dental terminology, dental biomaterials, dental procedures, and much more. We will train a very highly motivated and qualified applicant. Training could take well over a year to complete.
- Operate telephone switchboard to answer, screen and forward calls, providing information, taking messages and scheduling appointments.
- Greet visitors and callers, handle their inquiries, and direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
- Learn to operate new office technologies as they are developed and implemented. Memorize and use scripts effectively both over the phone and in person.
- File and maintain records.
- Collect, sort, distribute, and prepare mail, messages and courier deliveries. Input data into computer by typing with minimal errors.
- Provide information about the practice, such as location of offices, employees within the organization, or services provided.
- Transmit information or documents to patients using computer, mail, or facsimile machine. Balance credit transactions and provide basic financial clerical support duties.
- Present proposed treatment plan cases to patients; this requires an extensive amount of training to be able to understand the various dental procedures, and answer questions patients may have. Training will be provided.
- Assisting the dentist during a variety of treatment procedures.
- Taking and developing dental radiographs (x-rays).
- Asking about the patient's medical history and taking blood pressure and pulse.
- Serving as an infection control officer, developing infection control protocol and preparing and sterilizing instruments and equipment.
- Helping patients feel comfortable before, during and after dental treatment.
- Providing patients with instructions for oral care following surgery or other dental treatment procedures, such as the placement of a restoration (filling).
- Teaching patients appropriate oral hygiene strategies to maintain oral health;
- (e.g., tooth brushing, flossing and nutritional counseling)
- Taking impressions of patients' teeth for study casts (models of teeth).
- Performing office management tasks that often require the use of a personal computer.
- Communicating with patients and suppliers (e.g., scheduling appointments, answering the telephone, billing and ordering supplies).
- Helping to provide direct patient care in all dental specialties, including orthodontics, pediatric dentistry, periodontics and oral surgery.
- Laboratory work such as pour plaster models, making bleaching trays and athletic mouth guards.
- Must always represent the practice in a professional, pleasant, and cooperative manner. Maintain regular attendance and adhere to assigned work schedule and office policies. Must be able to comfortably and efficiently handle multiple deadlines and task assignments. Must be able to work both independently and cooperatively in team settings. We are a dental team and majority of the time this position will require that.
- Occasionally there may be some travel, by car or plane, required in order to participate in continuing education or seminars.
- Other duties and tasks, as assigned periodically.
This full-time position requires an extensive amount of training and the willingness to learn. We will provide training for you, but it is the responsibility of the employee to learn the material. Training may include but is not limited to online tutorials or certification courses, in office training, seminars, and books or other educational materials for study at home. The amount of training is extensive due to the necessity of this position requiring a thorough understanding of all aspects of Dentistry, our specific software, and also our service requirements and standards. We strive to provide our patients with exceptional care from the moment they first contact our office; in order to do so, applicants must be willing and understand that this position will require them to spend a significant amount of time learning how we go about achieving this high standard of care.
- Always maintain the highest level of confidentiality to HIPAA standards. Adhere to strict safety guidelines and procedures to OSHA and office standards.
- Must be comfortable seeing and able to maintain a professional demeanor and attitude while working around blood and unpleasant smells.
- Must be detail oriented in order to prepare and process business correspondence.
- Must be flexible and understand that job duties may change from time to time and that this individual may be asked to assist in other areas of the office, including chair-side dental assisting as we cross train all employees.
- Must demonstrate active listening by giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Must demonstrate good reading comprehension by understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills by talking to others to convey information effectively, and preparing business correspondence.
- High school diploma required.
- Minimum of one year at a vocational school or college is required; degree preferred.
- Accurate typing at a minimum of 40 words per minute.
- Minimum of one year of office experience. Preferred two years of experience.
Mitchell, SD Dentist
Why Work Here?We're dedicated to providing our patients with quality care, and improving their lives through outstanding oral health care. We have a highly motivated, professional, and all around fabulous dental team! We're looking for an exceptional individual to join our team who has the ability to make our team complete by fulfilling an essential position, while also adding to our fun, caring atmosphere!
We're a well established practice that is highly respected in the community for our outstanding team's commitment to excellence.