Commercial Property Manager
Mitch Cox Construct Johnson City, TN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Commercial Property Manager
The Commercial Property Manager is responsible for oversight of the Property Management Department, which includes managing approximately two million square feet of commercial, industrial and retail space. The Commercial Property Manager has supervisory responsibility for the Property Management Team which includes the Service Manager, Maintenance Technicians, and Commercial Property Administrator. Responsibilities include negotiating management contracts with customers, recruiting and interfacing with customers/property owners, and managing tenant relationships.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and maintain an effective position of authority
- Ensure the environment of the department reflects the philosophy of the company
- Promote the services of the department and company
- Project a professional image in all aspects of work performance
- Adhere to company policies and follow the employee handbook
- Demonstrate strong communication and organizational skills to foster a positive experience for customers, owners and tenants
- Understand industry dynamics, trends, regulations, etc.
- Maintain availability after normal business hours to attend property association meetings and other business-related meetings and events
- Hire, train, supervise, develop and terminate department staff in accordance with company policies
- Prepare annual performance evaluations for department staff
- Be available to respond to employee concerns, operational issues, tenant issues and/or emergencies, as necessary
- Develop and participate in an emergency on-call rotational schedule to address owner and tenant concerns after normal business hours
- Prepare department annual budget and monitor monthly performance, participating in monthly financial statement review meetings with company leadership
- Prepare property level annual budgets and monitor monthly/quarterly performance as required by management contracts
- Project capital expenditures for properties and obtain owner approval, including obtaining quotes and negotiating contracts with contractors
- Collect monthly rent and manage outstanding property and department receivables, delinquency reports, etc.
- Review work order rates and profits
- Review management fees for appropriateness and collection
- Work with attorneys and owners to manage relationships, delinquencies, and agreements with delinquent tenants
- Review invoices presented for payment and approve as necessary for accounts payable processing, including adhering to internal processing deadlines
- Provide constant vendor/contractor communications concerning scheduling, billing, vendor relations and certificates of insurance
- Prepare CAM reconciliations annually for all properties in the management portfolio
- Perform necessary marketing roles to increase company customer base
- Work alongside realtor/brokerage department to seek opportunities to initiate/terminate tenant leases, secure additional property management agreements, etc.
- Read, understand and negotiate management agreements and other related documents pertaining to properties managed
- Review rent rolls, occupancy summaries, etc. monthly and monitor against upcoming lease expirations, working with owners and realtor/brokerage department as necessary to manage vacancies
- Maintain property level files in an organized manner to ensure complete and accurate documentation of all administrative paperwork
- Create and execute long-term maintenance and capital plans for managed properties
- Perform regular reviews of grounds, buildings and property to ensure physical aspects of the property meet company and owner standards, including vacancy walkthroughs
- Maintain relationships with vendors and contractors to secure property level services such as landscaping, electricians, plumbers, HVAC repairs, pavers, etc.
- Work with service manager to ensure all service requests and planned maintenance work orders are addressed timely and sufficiently
- Lead commercial property association meetings
- Work alongside asset manager to enhance ROI for property owners and evaluate repositioning of assets and/or capital structures
(This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive but rather to indicate the kinds of work that will be required in this position. Furthermore, it is not intended to limit, or in any way modify, the rights of any supervisor to assign, direct, and contract work of staff under his/her supervision. The use of a particular illustration describing duties shall not be held to exclude other duties, not mentioned, that are of a similar level or difficulty. The company’s needs may dictate the assignment of additional or differing responsibilities.)
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- 5+ years of property management experience within the real estate industry
- Experience with commercial real estate management practices
- Experience managing team of 5+ members
- Solid real estate financial acumen including general knowledge of real estate accounting, and structuring of development and leasing transactions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate to all parts of the organization and our external customers and investors.
- Experience with Yardi software.
- Bachelor’s degree or sufficient relevant job experience
- CPM designation preferred
- Must be able to move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance; to reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping; and to stand, sit, or walk for an extended period.
Founded in 1979, Mitch Cox Companies is a full-service real estate solutions company offering development, architectural, construction, brokerage and commercial and property management services.
Employee Count: 50+
Mission Statement and Core Values
To create opportunities for others to succeed by honoring God in the work He has given us as a real estate solutions company.
Transparency — We will hold ourselves to a high standard of openness to maintain a culture of trust.
Outperformance — We will strive to exceed the expectations of our stakeholders with enthusiasm and determination.
Fairness — We will strive to provide our clients, suppliers, partners, and team members fair solutions founded in integrity.
Confidentiality — We will value the information we receive and the information we dispense with due care and respect.
June 10, 2021
Mitch Cox Construct
AddressJohnson City, TN
Real EstateView all jobs at Mitch Cox Construct