Salesforce Technical Lead
MitSix Austin, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES:
Client requests the services of one Senior PeopleSoft Lead Technical Analyst, hereafter referred to as Worker, who meets the general qualifications of ERP Developer 3 and the specifications outlined in this document for the Client.
Performs advanced technical research, analysis, and planning while reporting to the Enterprise Data Officer of the Executive Office Division. The worker will be a part of the existing Data Quality Management team where heavy collaboration is vital to the success of the team. The purpose of the team is to identify inaccurate data stored in the database and monitor the accuracy of the data. Specifically this role this position has a heavy focus on writing code to identify inaccurate data, and researching root causes of inaccurate data. Finally, this role will provide guidance in developing a strategy and developing the scripts to cleanse the data in preparation of a future conversion.
Work involves hands-on research, analysis and the development of business processes / scripts and data elements on given PeopleSoft pages and in code; writing code to identify inaccurate data stored in the database, the root cause of inaccurate data, and writing scripts to fix the data and the root cause(s) within the code in the PeopleSoft application. Referential integrity and data integrity must be kept intact to ensure that transactions process properly throughout the system and its downstream system(s).
At the core of the project is the identification of fields in the PeopleSoft application, Critical Data Elements or CDE’s that will be a part of a future conversion and then writing code or Data Quality rules to identify rows of inaccurate data. The Worker will be responsible for identifying the CDEs, while collaborating with data stewards and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs). The data stewards and SMEs will be able to provide input on fields that are unique to and will be able to provide business rules to determine the accuracy of the data. The Worker is directly responsible for ensuring that their CDEs are integrated with the Data Quality Management program. Activities of the Data Quality Management program include, but may not be limited to:
- Identification of key business processes that generate data likely required for a conversion
- Identification of tables that are likely required for a conversion
- Identification of CDEs that are likely required for a conversion
- Assess where the data in each CDE flows throughout the systems
- Assess the accuracy of the data in each CDE
- Determine and develop Data Quality rules to identify the inaccurate data
- Identify the root causes of the inaccurate data
- Document a plan to repair the root causes of inaccurate data
- Document a plan to repair the inaccurate data itself
- With assistance of the Data Quality Team, integration of the above into the Data Quality Management program such as:
- Tracking information about the root causes:
- Identity of the root causes (e.g., PeopleSoft code, data entry, etc.)
- Provide a plan to correct the root causes
- Addressing the data itself:
- Identification of the inaccurate data
- Recommend a compliance goal percentage
- Provide a schedule to identify and correct the data
- High-level plan to fix the data
- ERS’ Data Quality Team will closely monitor the CDEs and rule metrics for compliance
- Tracking information about the root causes:
- Ensure process metrics are reaching defined goals and adjust as needed
The worker must have impeccable communication skills both written and oral, solid experience with the integration of the core modules within the PeopleSoft HRMS 8.8 application (HRMS, Base Benefits, Benefits Administration, Pension Administration, Payroll), including experience researching processing requirements between other systems – both upstream and downstream. This worker must be equally confident conversing with top level management, functional resources and Subject Matter Experts. Finally, the worker must be confident having detailed conversations with Subject Matter Experts along with functional and technical resources.
The ideal candidate would have worked on data cleansing projects ahead of a conversion, has been a hands-on lead of a team on a project, and have heavy experience as a technical resource in Benefits Administration, Payroll, or Pension Administration modules. Additionally, the Worker would have development experience with PeopleCode, SQL, Application Engine and SQR programs along with having the ability to determine how a page or Application Engine is processing data. Client has a heavily customized Pension Administration module.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Communicates respectfully and works harmoniously with all co-workers, customers and vendors.
- Highly collaborative and transparent
- Ability to quickly grasp the complexities of the Client business mission to our members
- Ability to handle multiple competing tasks and meet deadlines, work efficiently and productively, communicate both verbally and written, with a high level of confidence
MitSixWhy Work Here?
Come join the MITSIX family!!
About MitSix. founded in 2015 with a single mission: to assist our clients with technology decisions. Maximizing the value of existing IT investment, de-risking the adoption of new technology, and reducing the interval to achieve positive results. We compare technology recruitment to an untapped vein of gold. It does nothing for you until you mine it.