Associate Product Manager, Bilingual Japanese
- Posted: over a month ago
ABOUT THE POSITION:
As an Associate Product Manager for the Maintenance, Repair and Operations (MRO) team, you will be responsible for developing and executing product category strategies and tactics, including market and business analysis, product and supplier development, pricing, stocking, sales, costs, marketing initiatives, service improvements, product merchandising, and customer support. You will support the customer’s inquiry, delivery and RFQ. Since most of our products are procured from our head office in Japan, we require personnel who can adjust delivery dates and prices in Japanese. This position has a hybrid schedule, and you will be required to be in the Schaumburg, IL office 3 days per week. We provide relocation assistance. We provide relocation assistance. Your activities will include:
- Managing assigned portfolios as product and application expert. Category ownership of the product line plan: new product/supplier selection, definition, pricing, procurement, launch, and sustaining maintenance of the product line.
- Providing product expertise and assistance to internal and external customers related to performance, function, pricing, packaging, merchandising, and value.
- Analyzing and reporting on key financial metrics, develop product, pricing and promotion strategy for the category.
- Collaborating with suppliers and ensure optimal performance standards of products.
- Conducting primary qualitative & quantitative end user research in partnership with sales, engineering and product management team members.
- Facilitating development of detailed scopes for individual projects, action plans for implementation, and communication with other departments to ensure timely completion.
- Collaborating with all internal departments and management to ensure all assigned projects are completed efficiently and on schedule.
- Driving merchandising and strategic plans that improve web performance and profitability.
- Learning and implementing the MISUMI Strategic Framework.
- Supporting Japanese language-related operations, including US expansion of MISUMI Japan-developed products, product inquiries, special order support, etc.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
- 2+ years of experience managing a product portfolio with strong growth/results.
- Experience in product lifecycle management.
- Highly motivated, driven, responsible, and results oriented.
- Capacity to work on several projects at the same time.
- Strategic and goal-oriented mindset
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal, leadership and conflict management skills.
- Able to identify and analyze relevant information to develop suitable solutions.
- Knowledge of Fastener and Measuring tool product category
- Knowledge of webpage development and digital marketing.
- Highly proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Experience working in an international environment preferred.
- Some travel required (15-30%).
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
MISUMI will provide training you need to be successful in this role, as well as opportunities for growth and innovation in our team-oriented company culture. We have outstanding benefits and retirement plans that allow you to focus on successfully doing your job and exceeding customer expectations and the excitement that comes with growth. The part that matters most is you!
MISUMI is the most comprehensive and user-friendly resource for factory automation components. With a vast selection of 80 sextillion standard and customized parts, MISUMI is an unmatched, one stop shop for meeting customer specifications. We're committed to empowering customers to do incredible design work incredibly fast. We also are committed to our employees and are excited to announce that we received Comparably's annual Best Team Leadership Teams award of 2022 in recognition of our employee centric culture, opportunities for growth and advancement, and outstanding leadership.
MISUMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other protected status under applicable law.
FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS:
Powered by JazzHR
BusinessView all jobs at Misumi USA
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?