- Posted: 18 days ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Mistral, Inc. is in need of a Mechanical Engineer. Headquartered in Bethesda Maryland, Mistral Inc. is a member of the Mistral Group, a team of independent companies, each operating in different markets worldwide, while collectively sharing the mission of "Bridging" operational gaps in the Defense and Law Enforcement Markets with practical, innovative, and high readiness solutions.
This is a high profile, hands-on position which requires working with global teams. Position location: Bethesda, MD.
Position Definition: The Mechanical Engineer will support business activities of the Business Unit(s) and complete assigned engineering tasks for R&D projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design systems using Systems/Mechanical Engineering approach, and cost effective production techniques through design to cost and value engineering
- Design and manufacturing of Company’s IP products
- Direct, develop and conduct functional and test procedures for Company products
- Utilizing the SolidWorks data base; update drawings as needed, move data from other platforms to SolidWorks (i.e. Inventor)
- Control and management of Technical Data Packages using SolidWorks CAD, Microsoft Office and ERP system inventory and manufacturing tools
- Support Business Development Managers in their capture management tasks, responding to RFQs and preparing proposals
- With direction from Business Development Managers, communicate with customers and/or clients as needed
- Identify and track opportunities through conducting daily searches of relevant government databases.
- Support R&D activities as assigned
- Other duties as directed by management
Essential Education, Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Knowledge in Solidworks & Inventor
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project
- Previous demonstrative successes on multiple projects
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?