About the Position
Growing company in north Scottsdale, specializing in the production, installation and distribution of outdoor cooling systems, seeks to hire an Assistant Production Supervisor who reports directly to the Vice President of Manufacturing. Primary responsibilities include managing manufacturing operations, purchasing, inventory control, shipping and receiving. If you're able to move continuously between the office and warehouse and communicate effectively with internal and external parties, then this might be the job for you. Must be able to pass a background check.
- Supervise the company's single-location manufacturing operation.
- Coordinate fulfillment with sales and install teams.
- Issue purchase orders.
- Communicate with suppliers via email and telephone.
- Ensure proper stocking levels to fulfill customer requirements.
- Perform periodic inventory counts.
- Unload deliveries into the warehouse.
- Receive and inspect product deliveries from vendors.
- Stock shelves with product received.
- Make local deliveries and pickups.
- Perform factory and warehouse maintenance and organization.
- Pick and pack orders.
- Prepare and package product for shipment via UPS and truck.
- Complete shipping documents online or by hand as required.
- Schedule and coordinate pickups and deliveries.
- Inspect outbound shipments for accuracy.
- Maintain all relevant documentation.
- Experience managing manufacturing operations.
- Willing to get your hands dirty.
- Very attentive to detail.
- Perform high quality, accurate work.
- Strong with numbers.
- Excellent communication skills; email, telephone, in person.
- Purchasing, shipping and receiving experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Experience using QuickBooks is a plus.
- Good driving record with valid driver's license.
- Comfortable using a PC; proficient with typing and keyboard.
- Able to operate a forklift and pallet jack.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds or more on a regular basis.
- Can read and understand packing lists, invoices, shipping documents.
- Willing to learn, flexible, and able to take on addition responsibilities as necessary.