General Facilities Maintenance Tech
Missouri History Museum Saint Louis, MO
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
COMMITMENT TO RACIAL EQUITY
The Missouri Historical Society commits to a process of listening attentively to one another and leveraging best practices and resources across our organization to promote a culture of inclusion where individuals from all racial and ethnic identities; ages; nationalities; social and economic statuses; sexual orientations; gender identities/expressions; religious, political, and ideological perspectives; and abilities are able to be engaged, feel valued, and thrive. click here for the full Commitment to Racial Equity
The Missouri Historical Society seeks a General Facilities Tech to perform a wide variety of general and preventative maintenance and repair work. The General Facilities Tech will independently perform a broad spectrum of facilities and systems maintenance functions or may serve as a back-up to other team members on complex assignments.
- Assist in the repair of plumbing, flooring, ceiling, lighting, ballast replacement, hard surfaces, walls, furniture and shelves
- Assist in maintenance and minor repairs of heating, ventilation systems, air conditioning and refrigeration systems and equipment
- Assist in the repair and maintenance of lockable hardware such as doors, automatic electric doors, windows, lockers, and magnetic keying systems to ensure safety of facilities and maintain systems
- Assist in the maintenance and repair of plumbing and heating fixtures and components, piping of various size and type; checks safety equipment and replaces components such as washers and gaskets
- Assist in the inspection, repair, or replacement of pumps and valves
- Assist in the writing of specifications for repairs and new construction
- Maintains appropriate service repair work order records electronically
- Research and inventories equipment parts and supplies
- Responds to routine and emergency calls for repairs and service
- May assist in the training of other team members in the area of facilities maintenance
- Assists and serves as back-up to other Facilities employees
- A minimum of mid-level experience working in at least one relevant trade in a commercial, industrial, residential or facilities operations setting
- Ability to operate and use a broad spectrum of tools and equipment skillfully and safely perform heavy physical labor; read and comprehend plans and blueprints; follow and give oral and written instructions; maintain cooperative working relationships; demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for a diverse customer base.
- Must be able to safely use manual tools and power equipment common in Building Maintenance
- A broad depth of knowledge in multiple trades - knowledge of standard practices and procedures of construction trades such as plumbing, HVAC, electrical, carpentry, painting and mechanical systems, including materials and tools; applicable code requirements; methods and practices followed in the maintenance of tools, machinery, and equipment; safety precautions to be observed in the maintenance and installation of electronic and mechanical equipment
- Must be able to perform physical activities such as bending, standing, climbing or walking
- Must be able to understand the need for Proper Protective Equipment (PPE) when necessary, to perform a specific function safely
Deadline to Apply: Position open until filled.
Please upload cover letter and resume when applying.
*External job boards: Please click this link, General Facilities Maintenance Tech to apply.
An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Services Provided On A Non-Discriminatory Basis
Missouri History Museum
AddressSaint Louis, MO
Real EstateView all jobs at Missouri History Museum