Nurse Manager/Head Nurse - RN - Maternal Child
MISSOURI DELTA MEDICAL CENTER
NURSE MANAGER – MATERNAL CHILD
BASIC FUNCTIONS OF POSITION:
1. Demonstrates thorough knowledge and adherence to the policies and procedures. Holds staff accountable.
2. Participates with the development and maintenance of department policy and procedure manual, utilizing current standards of patient care, nursing practice and scope of service particular to the maternal/child patient.
3. Consistently addresses conflicts, employee problems and effectively counsels staff.
4. Possesses knowledge and compliance to JCAHO standards and State and Federal regulations.
5. Plans, implements and reports QI activities.
6. Assures maintenance of unit facilities and equipment.
7. Demonstrates current competence with the nursing interventions and clinical knowledge particular to the maternal/child patient.
8. Demonstrates financial awareness of department and unit.
9. Maintains rapport with physicians, patient and families promoting positive interpersonal relationships.
10. Able to adapt to changing priorities, utilizes time effectively.
11. Develops staffing schedules which meet the acuity of high risk and low risk maternal/child patient population.
12. Demonstrates good judgment in staffing needs, making adjustments as needed.
13. Makes patient rounds.
14. Functions as a patient advocate, clinical resource and role model for staff.
15. Develops and maintains staff orientation and training program, clinical competency, at the time of hire and on an ongoing basis.
16. Participates with recruitment, selection and retention of staff, disciplinary action and termination.
17. Develops or assists with the development of educational programs related to the maternal/child patient.
EDUCATION: Graduate from an approved school of nursing; BSN preferred.
LICENSE: Possess current licensure by Missouri State Board of Nursing.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 2 years of recent management or leadership experience preferred.
PATIENT CONTACT: Must have the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served.
STANDING: May spend a considerable amount of time standing.
SITTING: May spend a moderate amount of time sitting.
WALKING: Considerable amount of time spent walking.
LIFTING: Must use good body mechanics to independently lift or in certain situations, assist with lifting/transferring a patient.
VISUAL: Must have ability to read physician orders and observe patient care areas; essential for interacting with patients, families, medical staff and public.
HEARING: Must be able to receive/comprehend telephone calls and able to hear normal conversations.
SPEAKING: Talking is essential in instructing and supervising nursing personnel, communicating physician orders and
addressing patient/family needs and/or requests.
Missouri Delta Medical Center
1008 N Main StSikeston, MO
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.