Law Office Administrator
- Posted: over a month ago
SMALL LAW FIRM SEEKING AN ADMINISTRATOR WITH EXPERIENCE
We are looking for a Law Firm Administrator to work directly with the Law Firm Owner to oversee the administrative and business aspects of running the firm.
About the firm
We’re a law firm that has grown quickly and will continue to grow. We are not looking for an Administrative Assistant or a Paralegal looking to grow into a role. We need a full-blown bona fide Operations Manager who has prior experience running a small law firm or your own division or department of a mid/big law firm. DO NOT apply if your only prior experience is as a paralegal, administrative assistant, executive assistant, or bookkeeper.
Our firm has been very successful, and we have grown rapidly … without the guidance of a professional administrator or office manager. We are proud of the firm we’ve built; we’ve done a lot of good, and we’ve gotten a lot of stuff right! But there is a lot of room for improvement and expertise. This is the first time we will be bringing in someone from the outside to help us manage the people and the processes in the firm. The right person for this position is someone we can develop trust in and who will trust in us. The right person for this position will be able to “manage up” to help us help you get your job done.
Prior legal experience is required. Knowledge of criminal defense will be helpful. If you don’t have it, you need to commit to getting yourself up to speed quickly because you will be expected to make sure cases and clients are getting the attention they need and that the staff is following the rules.
This is a management-level position with a compensation plan that includes a salary, benefits, and incentives driven by performance towards defined and tracked KPIs.
We do good work and take great satisfaction in helping others. We want to be profitable as well. We want to have a good life and we want to pursue our hopes and dreams and help you pursue yours. We care about our work team and we are very dedicated to maintaining a positive and upbeat work environment. If this sounds like a law firm you want to work at and a job you can do, we very much look forward to talking with you soon.
TO APPLY, WE NEED YOU TO PROVIDE US TWO DOCUMENTS. If both documents are not provided, your application will not be considered. (Yes, we are serious about this. Following instructions is important for a Law Firm Administrator who is supposed to help us streamline our operations and make sure everyone follows the rules.)
(1) Cover letter containing the following in bullet-point format:
- What you think it takes to succeed as a Law Firm Administrator
- What you are looking for in a job
- What you bring to the table (i.e., qualities that would be of value to our Firm)Why do you think you're the right candidate for this position?
- Our Firm magic statement is –We fight to protect the rights of good people who may have made a mistake that shouldn’t haunt them for life. Tell us what this statement means to you and why you think we chose it.
(2) Resume, including the following:
- Cell phone number
We look forward to reviewing your application.
APPLICATIONS RECEIVED THROUGH THIS SYSTEM AND THAT DO NOT FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.Compensation:
- Using reports and case review meetings, ensure clients and matters move through workflow pipeline at the right pace and that tasks are completed on time. Report to the Firm Administrator or Owner weekly and ensures case status meetings occur at least monthly.
- Reviews case management system for the quality and timeliness of work done meeting deadlines. Monitors tasks and workflow.
- Oversees and manages vendors to ensure they meet deadlines and deliver quality work
- Manages office facilities and office supply inventory
- Assists the Owner and future Firm Administrator with recruitment, hiring, staffing, and general human resources operations.
- Supervises the work of the non-lawyer support staff and vendors.
- Administers payroll (verifying work hours, leave time, overtime) and benefits.
- Oversees the Firm’s records retention and information storage retrieval (case management, contact management, personnel/payroll, document storage, etc.).
- Assists with drafting, implementing, maintaining, improving, and monitoring execution of the Firm's employment policies and procedures.
- Ensures that the Firm’s business systems processes are fully documented in writing, organized, and available to the team.
- Performs audits spot-checks to ensure policies and procedures are being followed and operating as intended.
- Prepares weekly Dashboard and Project/Status Report for the Owner and future Firm Administrator.
You must be able to show evidence of your prior success with:
- Prior supervisory experience, preferably a staff of 5+ people and budgets of $1 million or more
- Employee engagement and leadership, supervision, and termination
- Technology services, and other vendors
- Managing cases and projects to ensure they are resolved successfully, on time, and on budget
The ideal candidate:
We care about skills and experience. We care just as much about your behaviors, habits, and attitudes…the right person for this role must:
- Not only “adapt” to change, but lead change - drive it and thrive in it
- Talk more about the solution than the problem
- Equally embrace both aspects of the “work/life balance”
- Have a high energy level
- Have thick skin and high empathy
- Have a sense of humor in equal measure to your sense of compassion
- Have keen conflict resolution skills (not conflict avoidance skills)
We are a fast-growing criminal defense law firm where we have multiple local employees and virtual assistants from various locations who help our clients. Our culture is that of fighters who fight to protect the rights of our clients, while getting them the best results possible. We are not a "cheap and plead 'em" law firm. We sell a VIP experience at a high price and obtain better results than others in our field. We strive to exceed expectations.
Missouri DWI & Criminal Law Center at Benjamin Law Firm
AddressKansas City, MO
BusinessView all jobs at Missouri DWI & Criminal Law Center at Benjamin Law Firm