Mississippi Federal Credit Union is looking for qualified and talented individuals to join the Financial Specialist call center team. The ideal candidate for this position is motivated, agile, service focused, thrives in a dynamic team environment, an effective listener and communicator, detail oriented, and able to trouble shoot effectively. The Financial Specialist is responsible for assisting new and existing members on the phone with a variety of inquiries and transactions including payments, transfers, loan applications, researching account transactions, home banking, and debit cards. The Financial Specialist listens effectively to the member, performs transactions accurately, answers questions regarding MSFCU products and services, and cross sells products and services that will help the member reach their financial goals. The Financial Specialist works in a team environment and assists their co-workers and Management as needed.
- Follow MSFCU policies and procedures at all times
- Follow objectives to achieve company and department goals
- Solve problems quickly and accurately
- Keep accurate and up-to-date records of all actions taken as required by law, regulation, and company policies and procedures.
- Represent MSFCU in a professional manner in all interactions with MSFCU members
- Maintain confidentiality of member, employee, and company information
- Provide prompt, excellent service, and accurate transactions
- Promote, explain, and cross-sell MSFCU products and services
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge on all credit union products and services
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of, and adheres to, the requirements of all related policies, procedures, rules and regulations required for position
- Model a high level of service and a professionalism
- Participate in MSFCU sponsored community outreach events
- May have opening and/or closing responsibilities
- Responsible for regular and predictable attendance and punctuality
- Attend and participates in meetings and training as required
- Establish and maintain professional business relations with all MSFCU employees
- Assume responsibility for other duties as required or assigned
- Work closely with team members to succeed as a group
- Assume responsibility for ensuring that professional business relations are established and maintained with MSFCU members
- Utilize effective and professional communication to present a positive image in all situations
- Keep management informed of activities, progress attained toward established objectives, and of any significant problems
- Assist area personnel as needed
- Stay informed of changes in policies, procedures, and related legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that work area is clean, secure, and well maintained
- High School diploma, or equivalent.
- Ability to perform basic math calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages)
- High level of service and communication skills
- Professional appearance, dress and attitude.
- Ability to use related computer software, Microsoft Office products, and business equipment, including computers, copy machine, coin and money counting machines.
- Experience working for a financial institution, preferably a credit union.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field
KNOWLEGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent relationship building, verbal, written, listening, and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented and good organizational skills
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages), and interpret and analyze financial data.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to present a positive and professional image to all employees and members
- Problem-solving skills
- Flexible with shift priorities
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills in a fast-paced environment
- Practice ethical behavior and understand the need for confidentiality
Mississippi Federal Credit Union is committed to working with its employees to reasonably accommodate them with the physical aspects of the position. Employees should be able to perform the following:
- Effectively and efficiently communicate with diverse membership and staff
- Sit or stand for long periods of time
- Work on computers for a long period of time in an office environment
- Travel within an assigned market
Mississippi is an At-Will Employment State. Your employment is "at will", meaning you are free to resign at any time, for any reason, with or without notice. Mississippi Federal Credit Union is also free to conclude the employment relationship with you at any time, for any reason, with or without notice. No statement or promise by a credit union representative or board member may be interpreted as a change in the "at will" policy, nor would it constitute an employment or other contractual agreement.
Mississippi Federal Credit Union