Mission1st is a global IT, network, and systems engineering solutions leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence community, and homeland security markets. The company's 180+ employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, Mission1st reported annual revenues in excess of $25 million, with a pipeline of growing programs and an increasing customer base.
What you'll doIng
In this role, you will manage our full cycle recruitment, from identifying potential hires to interviewing and evaluating candidates. Responsibilities include sourcing candidates online, updating job ads and conducting background checks. Having the motivation and urgency to fill in the gaps supporting the HR daily operations. Willingness to learn new things and having the curiosity to acquire more HR best practices and knowledge. If you have experience with various job interview formats, including phone screenings and group interviews, and can help us recruit faster and more effectively, we’d like to meet you.
- Design and update job descriptions
- Source potential candidates from various online channels (e.g. social media, ZipRecruiter, Indeed, iCims)
- Craft recruiting emails to attract passive candidates
- Screen incoming resumes and application forms
- Interview candidates (via phone, video and in-person)
- Advertise job openings on the company’s careers page, social media, job boards and internally
- Provide shortlists of qualified candidates to hiring managers
- Send job offer emails and answer queries about compensation and benefits
- Monitor key metrics including time-to-fill, time-to-hire, and source of hire
- Collaborate with managers to identify future hiring needs
- Assist with the onboarding/offboarding processes
- Performing background checks on candidates using the Verifirst platform
- Verifying and maintaining i9 for all Mission1st employees.
- Maintaining all CONUS and OCONUS employee personnel records and paperwork
- Handling employment verifications and Office of Personnel Management (OPM) inquiries promptly.
What you'll bring
• Possesses superb written and spoken communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal relationship building with all employees
• Excellent computer skills, knowledge of Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) iCIMS platform
• Demonstrates skills in database management and record keeping with SharePoint and ADP Workforce Now
• Proficiency with Microsoft (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Outlook)
• HR applicants require a bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, or a related field, or extensive prior experience in human resources
• 2-4 years of experience in human resources positions.
Why you'll want to join us
Impassioned strategic thinkers who are eager to learn, grow and contribute to a shared company mission. At Mission1st, the members of our team have the opportunity to broaden their minds, amplify their skills, build worthwhile relationships with the industry’s best of the best, and have a direct impact on our company’s success!
Along with our dynamic company culture and collaborative environment, you will have the opportunity to harmonize your personal and professional life and grow immensely. We work just as hard as we play and try to coordinate company events such as happy hours, networking and wellness events and luncheons. For more Benefits material, click specifics.
We also offer some fabulous benefits, including:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance with an employer contribution
- Flexible paid time off (employees are encouraged to spend four weeks away from the office each year)
- A generous 401(k) plan
- A healthy hearty breakfast on Thursdays
- A corporate wellness program
- Tuition reimbursement
- A kitchen stocked with snacks, coffee, and tasty beverages