Waukesha Walk-In Clinic
1710 Paramount Dr.
Waukesha, WI 53186
Part Time Availability - Must Have Weekend Availability
This walk in clinic sports 4 exam rooms, digital and dental x- ray, and sees companion and pocket pets! Every member of the Waukesha Walk-in Vet staff is dedicated to making our clients pet’s visit with us as comfortable as possible. Each and every member of our staff is highly trained to help in all areas of our hospital. We pride ourselves on our staff’s diverse background and training as each of them have something unique to offer you. Apply today to learn more about this role!
A veterinary assistant must be able to provide assistance and support to the medical support staff in the operation of a small animal facility in accordance with hospital policy and procedures and provide medical care to patients as allowed in the veterinary practice act. Previous experience with veterinary practice management software is a plus!
While under the supervision of the veterinary technicians, technical supervisor, hospital manager, the operations manager and the managing owners, a veterinary assistant must be able to effectively and accurately perform the following duties that include but are not limited to:
- Provide patient care under the direction of a DVM.
- Maintain excellent client communication.
- Be proficient in a variety of skills ranging from but not limited to: laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, surgery, dental and nursing skills.
- Record all pertinent medical, client and case related information in the patient record accurately with appropriate grammar, terms and accurate information.
- Review medical records, estimates or discharge instructions with clients.
- Reception Skills: Provide client care for scheduling appointments, taking payments and check-ins.
- Answer the phones in a courteous and informative way.
- Assist in all daily duties for clinic care.
- Participate in any special cleaning duties.
- Perform clinic upkeep as directed.
- Perform equipment maintenance as directed.
- Identify areas or items needing additional attention.