Dunckel Veterinary Hospital
2048 S. State Rd.
Davison, MI 48423
Licensed Veterinary Technician - Competitive Pay and Benefits!
Our hospital has been in Davison area since 1991, we have a large team of doctors and staff to service our client’s needs. Our clients are friends as well as customers and we value their continued trust and goodwill. Our clients include just about every kind of small animal, pocket pet and reptile: dogs, cats, rabbits, guinea pigs, ferrets, chinchillas, hamsters, gerbils, mice, rat, turtle, lizard, chameleons, and snakes (non venomous). We love community involvement and contribute to Davison Area Dog Park, Davison Relay for Life, Optimist Club of Davison, Area School Career Day Speaker, Human Society and many more!
Multi- Doctor Hospital
Fast Paced Environment
Holistic Hands Veterinary Service
Spinal Manipulative Therapy
and much MORE!
A licensed veterinary technician must be able to provide leadership and training to the medical support staff in the operation of a small animal facility in accordance with hospital policy and procedures and provide medical care to patients as allowed in the veterinary practice act.
- Take part in jobs shadows or working interviews as necessary
- Take part in training as necessary
- Provide guidance to the support staff to assure that the shift flows well
- Mentor employees for career advancement and personal development towards goals
- Provide input to the hospital manager for 360-degree employee performance evaluations.
- Provide patient care under the supervision and direction of a DVM.
- Be proficient in a variety of skills ranging from but not limited to: laboratory, pharmacy, radiology, surgery, dental and nursing skills.
- Record all pertinent medical, client and case related information in the patient record accurately with appropriate grammar, terms and accurate information. Review medical records, estimates or discharge instructions with clients.
- Provide client care for scheduling appointments, taking payments and checking in clients.
- Answer the phones in a courteous and informative way
- Assist in all daily duties for clinic care.
- Participate in any special cleaning duties.
- It will be necessary to become proficient in the use of the practice management software (IntraVet).
Certificates and Licenses:
- A licensed veterinary technician license is preferred.