Customer Service Representative
Mission Valley Bank Valencia, CA
- Posted: 4 days ago
For our Mission Valley Bank locations (Sun Valley, CA, Santa Clarita, CA, Valencia, CA) we are seeking a Central Operations Customer Service Representative to travel between branch locations as well. This position provides high-level client service and operational support to internal and external client inquiries via incoming calls, email or mail. Responding to all types of new accounts and handling other account related or deposit related requests. Resolves client inquiries/complaints and identifies cross-sell opportunities by assessing client needs. Provides clients with accurate and timely information to ensure quality service and client retention.
This position requires the individual to work in our branches as well as Central Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform teller functions in accordance with policies, procedures and compliance.
- Build relationships with customers in order to cross-sell other products and services by suggesting bank products and service to current and prospective customers that fit their needs.
- Consistently balance teller window timely. Investigate and resolve all cash drawer discrepancies.
- Follow cash control procedures.
- Input and verify wires transactions for accuracy.
- Balance cash in the branches to the General Ledger.
- Monitor dormant account activity reporting, fed funds availability and ACH stop payment notices.
- Pull, review and resolve system report processing, exceptions or posting errors for E-Banking.
- Process Bank by Mail, Branch Capture Exceptions, chargebacks, check stop payments, exception items, debit card disputes, stop payment orders on official items and Fed Adjustments, Reg E claims for ATM.
- Provide support to clients to increase and/or unblock debit cards.
- Provide excellent service to both internal and external customers to ensure customer retention.
- Assist customers with routine account-related request such as funds transfers, stop payments, inquiries about bank deposit products and service charges, inquiries about checking and savings account transactions, inquiries about funds availability, inquiries about ATM and debit card usage limits and check verification request by third parties.
- Answers confidential inquiries relating to customer account activity.
- Maintain up to date knowledge and may train others on products, services, departmental systems, and related technology, policies and procedures.
- Bring any suspicious activity to the attention of a supervisor, or the Bank Secrecy Act Officer.
- Follow all Bank policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all laws and regulations.
- Understand and adhere to regulatory guidelines including but not limited to FCRA, BSA, GLBA, etc. as the regulations pertain to the employee's job function.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in banking operations with knowledge banking regulations.
- Experience in a customer service call center/service center required.
- E-Banking, Cash or Treasury Management experience preferred.
- Complete knowledge and understanding of bank operations, policies and procedures to include client issues.
- Excellent written and communication skills, including ability to deal professionally with issues, problems, and questions.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy; good organizational, research and follow-up skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of clients, staff, and management.
- Requires the ability to exercise independent judgment and employ basic reasoning skills.
- Ability to work independently with limited direction from supervisor.
- Ability to work successfully in a deadline driven, team environment.
- Excellent knowledge in MS Word, proficient in Excel, Outlook, preferable Fiserv.
About Mission Valley Bank
We are an independent commercial business bank focused on the financial needs of small and mid-sized businesses and their owners, professionals, entrepreneurs and high-net-worth individuals. Launched in July 2001, headquartered in Sun Valley, CA, our organizers and founders are local business people and bankers who have worked in - and served - this community for many years. We understand the importance of developing and building strong relationships within the communities we serve, providing exceptional financial solutions and acting as Trusted Advisors to each of our clients.
Mission Valley Bank knows that being an outstanding bank requires both knowledge and delivering superior service to our customers. Every day we perform with an uncompromising commitment to the highest customer service standards. We seek talented and proven individuals who share these standards to join our team.
Physical Demands / Work Environment
This is primarily a sedentary position that requires extensive computer work. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit and use hands to type, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk, stoop, and kneel. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
In the performance of the duties of this job the employee is required to travel, drive a motor vehicle, and communicate using telephone and e-mail. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please consider joining our DYNAMIC, friendly team! It takes only a few minutes to check-out this great opportunity and apply!
Mission Valley Bank is committed to leveraging the diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences of our workforce to create opportunities for our people and our business. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including a 401K plan. Mission Valley Bank will not reimburse for relocation.
Mission Valley Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Pre-employment background checks are required for all positions.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Note: This preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Mission Valley Bank
BusinessView all jobs at Mission Valley Bank