If you’re looking for an interesting, fulfilling career, you’ve come to the right place!
At Mission Support and Test Services, LLC (MSTS), we’re a dynamic team of employees who manage and operate the Nevada National Security Site (NNSS), formerly known as the Nevada Test Site. A premier outdoor, indoor and underground national laboratory for unique, high-level experiments, the NNSS has offices across the country, including Southern Nevada; Santa Barbara and Livermore, California; Washington, D.C.; and Albuquerque and Los Alamos, New Mexico. We’re dedicated to working together as a team to keep our nation safe. Join us!
Infrastructure Analyst I
North Las Vegas, NV
Due to the nature of our work, US Citizenship is required for all positions.
• Bachelor’s degree in a computer related field or equivalent training and experience.
• Experience in physical layer (layer 1) networking and load balancing technologies desired.
• Knowledge of Cisco routers and switches, Fortinet Firewalls, and Extreme switches.
• Design, implementation, deployment and operations transition of solutions in LAN (Local Area Network), WAN (Wide Area Network), Wireless, Data Center Networking, VoIP installations and protocols.
• Knowledge of routing and switching including OSPF (Open Shortest Path First), EIGRP (Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol), VRRP (Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol), BGP (Border Gateway Protocol), VRF (Virtual Routing and Forwarding), and VLAN (Virtual Local Area Network), as well as tunneling, spanning tree, trunking, multicasting, and ISDN (Integrated Services Digital Network) , MPLS (Multiprotocol Label Switching).
• Working knowledge of key technologies including security, VoIP and video from a networking perspective, as well as network management tools.
• Familiarity with the ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) operating model.
• Proficient in technical writing and creation of procedures and implementation guidelines.
• Process focus with the ability to think through solutions from concept to implementation.
• Schedule will either be 5/8s and 9/80.
• Must have a valid driver's license.
• Pre-placement physical examination, which includes a drug screen, is required. MSTS maintains a substance abuse policy that includes random drug testing.
Department of Energy Q Clearance (position will be cleared to this level). Reviews and tests for the absence of any illegal drug as defined in 10 CFR Part 707.4, “Workplace Substance Abuse Programs at DOE Sites,” will be conducted. Applicant selected will be subject to a Federal background investigation, and subsequent reinvestigations, and must meet the eligibility requirements for access to classified matter. Successful completion of a counterintelligence evaluation, which may include a counterintelligence-scope polygraph examination, may also be required. Reference 10 CFR Part 709, “Counterintelligence Evaluation Program.
Eligibility Requirements – To obtain a clearance, an individual must be a U.S. citizen at least 18 years of age. Reference DOE Order 472.2, “Personnel Security.”
• Assist other technical engineers, by providing hands on configuration and support on projects and initiatives. This includes convergence of • Voice and Data technologies and integration with Legacy Systems.
• Operate and maintain enterprise network to include service tickets, routine maintenance and upgrades.
• Provide input and assist in implementing solutions to network related issues.
• May support with installing and/or reconfiguring hardware and software elements of data and/or voice communication network in accordance with standard policies and procedures including SOC compliance.
• Gather customer requirements and perform technical analysts of project requirements as well as prepare design review and execute approved design.
• May perform corrective active to support problem resolution of infrastructure hardware and software elements to ensure availability of infrastructure and components.
• Assist in developing cost estimates based on customer requirements and present to Senior Analyst for review.
• May provide technical design and guidance to customers in areas of cable plant, data and voice system design for adherence to standards.
• Build strong relationships between teams within IT and related business teams.
• May perform configuration changes as required.
• Maintain in depth knowledge of standards, guidelines, and industry trends for the Networking discipline, including LAN, WAN, Wireless, VoIP, Data Center networking and interactions.
• Troubleshoot, maintain, and repair the horizontal cable plant (Category 5, 5e, and 6).
• Be available for callouts 24/7 if needed.
If your qualifications match our requirements, please apply on-line at: https://careers-msts.icims.com/jobs/2438/infrastructure-analyst-i/job?mode=view&mobile=false&width=703&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-480&jun1offset=-420
MSTS is a limited liability company consisting of Honeywell International Inc. (Honeywell), Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. (Jacobs), and Stoller Newport News Nuclear, Inc. (SN3).
MSTS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without rega