Accounting Transformation Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
MISSION ROCK IS GROWING, AND WE NEED AN AMAZING ACCOUNTING MANAGER
Why work for Mission Rock? Mission Rock Residential is a fast-growing property management company looking for fantastic, customer service driven team members. With growth comes advancement opportunities!
Great benefits! Mission Rock Residential offers excellent medical, dental and vision insurance to include a Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account. We provide company paid life insurance along with paid short and long-term disability insurance, 11 paid holidays, vacation, sick time, and a 401k program with match. You are eligible to receive a discount on cell phone service and accessories. FREE covered parking. You may also be eligible to receive a 20% discount if you choose to live at a eligible Mission Rock property that we manage. These discounts do not apply to all of our locations.
Review and analyze the financial statements for a portfolio of multi-family properties. Manage a group of accountants who are responsible for daily activity and preparation of monthly financial statements. Provide guidance and support to accounting staff and property management staff as well as interact with other departments to ensure accuracy, efficiency, and training.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Assists with the interviewing and hiring of team.
Responsible for the supervision, training, and development of team.
Review and monitor performance of outsourcing partnership and assist in solving issues that may arise.
Liaison with asset acquisition team to assist with onboarding of new multifamily assets. This would include review of opening journal entries, proration review, monitoring resident deposits during the initial weeks of a takeover and other related tasks.
Managing the disposition of real estate assets. This would include working with the onsite teams and management regarding financial statement cut off, funding transfers, cash analysis and reviewing reporting by Acquisitions/Dispositions Accountant.
Supervise and review the daily work of Acquisitions/Disposition Accountant
- Ensures financial statements are prepared accurately and timely in accordance with company accounting policies and procedures.
- Analytically review and interpret financial information, checking for accuracy and timely reporting. Items could include review of journal entries, general ledgers, monthly financial statement reconciliation excel workbooks.
- Ensure 3rd party payment such as tax, insurance, and debt service payments are made timely and accurately
- Monitors accounts payable and accounts receivable for timeliness and accuracy.
- Reviews/prepares funding requests, distribution calculations, and lender draws as required.
- Assist with the preparation of annual budget and review of final budget.
- Coordinates audit and tax requests.
- Review cash management process including the weekly Cash Analysis report to ensure payments are made timely and accurately
- Communicate with Outsourcing Partners and Property Managers of issues, errors or areas of concern.
- Ensure consistency among property coding and report discrepancies.
- Respond to delinquent invoices and facilitate timely payments.
- Conducts ad hoc analysis and reporting.
- Communicates with on-site staff to resolve Yardi issues and provide accounting support.
- Complies with Company policies and procedures, accounting policies and procedures, and applicable local, state, and federal laws.
- Assist with special projects as required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of products such as Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Intermediate to advanced skill set in Excel.
- Recent experience with Yardi, MRI, Great Plains, MAS 90/200, MSI or AMSI.
- Ability to following established procedures.
- Experience in reading, interpreting, and analyzing financial statements.
- Ability to apply Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Ability to perform cash forecasting and planning.
- Prior experience in successfully managing a team.
- Capable of working independently.
- Ability to set and achieve goals.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks accurately, timely, and consistently.
- Ability to meet deadlines timely, accurately, and consistently.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited college or university.
- CPA a plus
- Minimum 4 years of experience in accounting and financial statement preparation.
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience.
- Real estate accounting experience preferred.
- Rare lifting and carrying up to 25 pounds.
- Occasional to Constant Repetitive Fine Manipulation (keyboarding, ten key, writing).
- Rare to Occasional Simple Grasping.
- Occasional to Constant Sitting.
- Rare to Occasional Walking.
- Occasional twisting of the neck and waist.
- Rare to Occasional Reaching at or below the Shoulder level.
- Rare to occasional squatting/bending/stooping (filing & retrieving files).
- Ability to travel to various locations across the country or local travel to meetings.
- Occasional to Frequent usage of verbal communication equipment.
Mission Rock Residential, LLC
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Mission Rock Residential, LLC