Forest Hills Recreation Director (Activities Director)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
MISSION POINT HEALTHCARE SERVICES
Delivering Excellence. Every Life. Every Moment. Every Day.
Mission Point of Forest Hills
Are YOU an enthusiastic Recreations Director (Activities Director) with a desire to work for a compassionate company in your community? The Recreation Director role may be a great fit for you. Become a difference maker with Mission Point, a growing company that invests in their employees.
What we offer:
- A positive employee culture
- Employee recognition program
- Competitive wages
- 401K employer match
- A variety of affordable benefit options
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Employee Assistance Services
What you do:
The Recreation Director develops and implements wellness focused recreation programs to seniors; including physical fitness, cognitive enrichment, and varied social programming. The Recreation Director should assess residents’ interests, plan and manage events and activities both inside and outside of the community to provide quality activities programing during the weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
- Plans individual and group activities daily, including weekend and at least two evenings per week. Programming will be in accordance with the various components outlined in the Activity Program Policy.
- Conducts, supervises, or arranges for the implementation of programs by a qualified staff member, a Recreation Assistant, or a Volunteer.
- Prepares a monthly activity calendar in advance to be posted on the first day of each month. Ensures that the professional large print calendar is posted in a prominent location in the building and is printed in at least 12-point font.
- Ensure that all residents are made aware of group programs by personal invites, and/or by posting smaller calendars in each patient room.
- Maintains records of group participation and one-on-one visits.
- Coordinates resident outings and special events, including but not limited to the annual community picnic and Christmas party.
- Coordinates or assists with the setup and take-down of necessary equipment if needed.
- Store, clean and use all activity equipment in accordance with good safety practices. Report equipment and building fixtures which need repair.
- Communicates special diet restrictions and eating disorders to staff prior to offering refreshments and special food items and more.
What you need:
- Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist or an activities professional who is eligible for certification; OR
- Two years of experience in a social or recreational program within the last 5 years, one of which was a full-time therapeutic activities program; OR
- Qualified occupational therapist or occupational therapy assistant; OR
- Has satisfactorily completed a training course approved by the state.
Who we are:
Mission Point is a full-service healthcare organization with special focus on Long Term care and Short-term Nursing & Rehabilitation. Founded in 2012 and with 30 facilities across Michigan and Nevada, Mission Point’s goal is to provide the highest level of quality of care in a compassionate and safe environment. Mission Point helps its residents live a healthy, happy, and productive lifestyle.
Mission Point Healthcare Services considers the health and safety of its residents, team members, and our communities as its highest priority. Effective 12/04/2021 Mission Point Healthcare Services will require all team members to be COVID-19 vaccinated subject to limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Mission Point Healthcare Services
AddressGrand Rapids, MI
EducationView all jobs at Mission Point Healthcare Services