Remote Software Product Designer
Mission Pathways, LLC Chicago, IL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Mission Pathways seeks a talented individual willing to work remotely who is passionate about uncovering customer insights and delivering creative and innovative designs.
The candidate will apply processes to validate project direction/scope around a) What problem/opportunity the project will address, b) Who will the problem be solved for, and c) How the solution should be designed.
These processes require approaching all data gathering and analysis with an objective and open mind to identify the potential impacts when addressing identified problems/opportunities. It also includes delivering the executive team's findings honestly and respectfully and supporting them in making strategic business decisions around project scope and focus.
This role will need to empathetically manage a balance between the company's goals and needs and its end-users. With clarity and transparency, they will need to communicate these needs as appropriate, facilitate project momentum and decision-making during all project stages, and help ensure greater project success and wide-user adoption.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct observations in the field and make sense of the data
- Share data findings by telling stories from the field
- Build business models to reflect the business domain and objectives
- Apply analytical thinking to the findings to identify patterns and trends
- Work collaboratively to create a project vision
- Create personas reflective of the end-user population-based on findings from the field
- Document process and user workflows as appropriate to represent business processes
- Identify user and business goals
- Build contrasting design solutions as a means of validating user needs
- Capture solution requirements to be implemented
- Assist project team in making development decisions that would best impact the business and users
- Facilitate team discussions to ensure clarity on the user and business goals for the project
- Ability to work independently in a home office
- Proven experience in software design
- Highly creative with the ability to think outside the box
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Understanding of or willingness to gain an in-depth knowledge of churches
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Training in Menlo Innovation's High-Tech Anthropology® techniques is a plus
- Experience using Axure, Figma, or similar tools is a plus
- Graphic Design and marketing communications experience is a plus
- BS/MS degree in a related field
This position will report directly to the Chief Innovation Officer.
Mission Pathways, LLCWhy Work Here?
Opportunity to create innovative solutions for a faith-based market using collaborative techniques to transfer user needs into solutions.
Mission Pathways equips church leaders with technology to inspire and empower transformation in peoples lives.