Primary Care Nurse Practitioner (Family or Adult NP)
Mission Neighborhood Health Center San Francisco, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We have an opening for a nurse practitioner to work 4-5 days per week in our community clinic serving the vibrant Excelsior/Outer Mission district and surrounding regions. This provider will care for a panel of primary care patients as well as seeing walk-in/urgent care patients. The visits include a mix of general adult and women's care (optionally, with the possibility of a small proportion of Pediatrics as well, according to the provider's preference). The provider will serve the patients as a member of a tight-knit team involving MA, nurse, behavioral health counselor, and dietician, and the provider will work alongside internal medicine and pediatric physicians, who are available for consultation. It is preferred that the provider also work one morning per month in our Saturday clinic.
ABOUT THE CLINIC
Mission Neighborhood Health Center (MNHC) is one of the oldest community health centers in the nation, founded with the mission of providing care for the Latino community of San Francisco. Today we strive to provide excellent, compassionate, and culturally competent care for all members of our communities. The Excelsior Clinic is one of three clinics run by MNHC and is located on Mission Street in the heart of the Excelsior District, one of the most ethnically and economically diverse and energetic neighborhoods in San Francisco. We offer services including adult medicine, pediatric care, women's health, pre-natal care (by contract with UCSF midwifery program), behavioral health, and nutrition consultation.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Reports to the Clinical Chief of the Excelsior Clinic, Brad Williams, MD
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides ambulatory acute, chronic, and preventative medical services in accordance with national standards of practice and with appropriate consultation with senior medical staff
- Provides continuity of care for hospitalized and referred patients according to health center protocols
- Participates in team-based care, involving case discussion and co-visits with nursing staff, behavioral health, and dietician
- Participates in quality assurance and improvement initiatives of the clinic
- Meets and maintains credentialing requirements as per health center standards
- Performs other related duties within scope of practice as assigned
Why You'll Love Us
•We’ve got the energy and passion for service and the compassion of mission-driven organization that truly cares about the people we serve.
•We offer competitive salary packages, Health, Dental & Vision coverage, a birthday holiday for you to celebrate YOU, a floating holiday, 11 holidays per year, 2 weeks of sick time and vacation time. After a year of employment, we provide 401K with company match to help reach your future financial goals and 40 hours of educational leave.
•Our health care services are not only grateful but are the absolute best. We have the privilege of providing high quality health care for low-income LatinX/undocumented/under-deserved communities and partnering with qualified providers to do so.
•We treat each other like family: with cultural embrace, passion for service, strong relationships, and clinical excellence. Diversity and inclusion are cultural values we take very seriously!
•Our offices are located near delicious eateries (burritos, carne asada tacos, pho, kung pao chicken, you name it!), Mission Dolores park (if you want to relax and soak under the sun), and fun shopping areas (Rainbow Grocery, Target, Costco, Trader Joe’s, Safeway , and Whole Foods, Decathlon & more!).
- Current and valid NP license (ANP or FNP), furnishing license and DEA license
- Experience in a Community Health Center or comparable work preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish and English required (current population served is ~60% Spanish monolingual)
Powered by JazzHR