Physician at Shotwell Clinic
- Posted: over a month ago
Under the general direction of the Lead Physician and the CMO, the Adult / Women’s Clinic Physician at Mission Neighborhood Health Center will be primarily responsible for providing services to our Adult and Women’s Clinic Departments. The Adult/Women’s Clinic Physician at Mission Neighborhood Health Center will perform basic physical examinations. The NP records these findings using the problem-oriented record system. Based on the results of the above, in accordance with standardized procedures, evidence-based information, the physician plans and implements the appropriate treatment made for the patient. The provider would need to support some standardized clinical processes regarding patient centered medical home, population-based patient management, patient, family/self-care and other quality measures.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
The Physician has the following responsibilities and duties:
- Provides ambulatory acute, chronic, and preventative medical services to patients in accordance with Community and National Standards of Practice and DHHS/DHCS guidelines.
- Provides continuity of care for hospitalized and referred patients according to Health Center protocols.
- Provides consultation, supervision and preceptorship (as able) for Nurse Practitioners or Physician Assistants.
- Provides leadership and guidance for support staff (Medical Assistants, Patient Services Specialist and Lab Staff) volunteers and trainees in day-to-day clinic functions.
- Adheres to the highest standards of medical practice, ethics, and professionalism at all times.
- Support process improvement initiatives that enhance Team Based Care and PCMH recognition.
- Educates patients on wellness, prevention, and early detection by providing materials and resources to the patients and families.
- Prescribes medical treatment and clinical drugs to patients and Orders studies, test and ancillary services.
- Documents all services in accurately in-patient medical record and completes billing/charges within 48 hours of the visit.
- Participates in Quality Assurance activities as designated/needed by the supervisor or the CMO.
- Fulfills all Medicare/Medicaid and Health Plan credentialing and re-credentialing requirements.
- Attends Health Center medical or departmental meetings as directed by CMO.
- Consults with specialist and hospitalist/resident regarding outpatient referrals, and patient’s course if hospitalized, according to Health Center protocols.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor and/or CMO
Qualifications & Requirements
The Physician should have the following skills, education and experience:
- Bilingual, English/Spanish Required.
- Graduate from an accredited medical school. Must have a valid California Practice License. Current DEA registration. Board certified or Board eligible or residency trained in Family Practice, Internal Medicine or Osteopathy. Current BLS certification.
- Professional clinical experience in specific area of practice, i.e. “Family Practice, Internal Medicine, etc.” for at least one-year as Nurse Practitioner preferred, but not required.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: Outlook, Word, Excel, and Internet Explorer. Experience with Practice Management Systems and Electronic Health Record Systems.
Skills & Abilities:
- Performance - Able to multi-task, prioritize task, meet deadlines. Requires analytical skills and demonstrates attention to detail.
- Communication - Strong verbal communication skills with patients and MNHC staff. Must be a well-organized professional who thrives in a team-oriented environment.
- Leadership - Strong, effective supervisory skills to oversee mid-level staff.
- Stress Management - Ability to remain tactful under pressure and present a professional demeanor and communication style with co-workers in a multicultural setting.
Who We Are: The Mission Neighborhood Health Center (MNHC) is a non-profit, multi-site community health organization offering comprehensive health services in the Mission and Excelsior Districts of San Francisco. We offer primary health care services including adult medicine, pediatrics, behavioral health, family planning, OB/GYN, HIV, homeless services, optometry and dental services. We advocate for health equity and deliver innovative, high quality services responsive to the neighborhoods and diverse communities we serve with a focus on the Latino Spanish-Speaking Communities.
Our compassionate and dedicated team of health professionals is committed to providing respectful, culturally-sensitive care that contributes to the well-being of our patients and their families. We work together with patients to obtain a holistic view of their needs addressing their medical concerns as well as life challenges that may be impacting their health. Patients receive care, support and preventative education and facilitated referrals to specialists and community services
- Medical Insurance – MNHC pays 90-100% based on plan
- Dental and Vision Insurance – free to employee
- Flex Spend Accts for health & dependent care expenses
- Life Insurance – free basic policy plus voluntary option
- Vacation – 3 weeks (4 weeks after 5 years)
- 12 Paid Holidays plus your birthday!
- Paid Educational Leave
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Contribution
- DEA Licenses - MNHC pays for your renewal
- CME - $500 per year
Powered by JazzHR
Mission Neighborhood Health Center
AddressSan Francisco, CA
HealthcareView all jobs at Mission Neighborhood Health Center
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?